Chapter 17

/Lyles Pov/

It was the day of Prom. Sarah and Jessica were getting ready together since Jess was going with Perry and I was beyond excited. I knew Erik wasn't too happy about it, but him and Sarah had hung out all last night to make up for it. I couldn't wait to see Sarah's dress, I knew she would look amazing not matter what. My dad had made reservations for us at the country club and I think Perry and Jess were going to sit separately. Perry really wanted to hook up with Jess and I really just wanted to spend some alone time with Sarah. I didn't really want to go to prom and neither did Sarah, but we both agreed to go for 30 minutes and then go to the after party that was at Perrys beach house. There was a knock at my door and Perry answered it. "Well aren't you two pretty?" he said, grabbing Jess by the waist and pulling her in. Sarah shook her head and smiled towards me. "Hey Lyle." she said, walking up to me. "You look amazing." I said, handing her the corsage. She pinned my boutonniere onto my tux and her parents walked out of the lounge with my parents. "Well don't you all look spectacular." Sarah's mom said. We went out back to take pictures and Erik even came out to take some with me and Sarah. 

/Sarah's Pov/

"Have fun tonight guys." Kitty said, waving at us from the door. "Don't do anything stupid Lyle." Jose said and if I didn't know him, I would've thought it was a joke, but he definitely meant it as a threat. I sat in Lyle's car and waited for Perry and Jess to drive off before we followed them to the country club where we were having dinner. We sat at tables next to each other, so we were close enough where we could all talk together but also not too close, so we could each have our own little conversations. "How long until Perry tries to get Jess in his room?" I asked, as our dinner arrived. "I'd be surprised if they make it to the after party." Lyle said, laughing. "I am excited for the party, not so much the dance." I said, sipping my iced tea as we waited for the bill to come. "Yeah me too. Last time we went to one of Perry's parties we ended up sleeping in my car." "Oh yeah." "Why did you say oh yeah, like it was a bad thing?" Lyle asked, laughing. "Sleeping in a car isn't exactly ideal sleeping locations for me."I said, smiling. "Are you saying you weren't comfy, cuddled up next to me?" he asked, fake sad. "Well..." I dragged off. "Oh stop it." Lyle said, laughing. After paying for the bill, we headed to the school. We danced for a bit, but overall it was really lame and the music sucked, so we caught up with Perry and Jess who were both making out in the corner and said we were ready to go. Perry told a few guys on the way out the party was starting and as we sat in Lyle's car, I noticed pretty much everybody from prom was now leaving. "Perry's might be a little crazy." Lyle said, from beside me as we drove. We stepped into Perry's and I was immediately dragged over to the bar by Jess and we did quite a few shots as more and more people started showing up. I made a vodka lemonade and walked out back to the fire pit and try and find Lyle. I immediately found him surrounded by his group of friends, smoking. They were passing a joint around and his glazed over eyes found mine. "Hey Sarah, I've been looking for you. Come take a hit." he said, waving his hand over to him. I sat between him and Trevor, a guy from the tennis team and put the joint between my lips and slowly inhaled. I let the smoke fill my lungs and blew it back out, taking a sip of my drink. I didn't want to get high tonight so I kept passing it around every time it came back to me and I felt the vodka and tequila shots coursing through me. I was thankful that I had changed out of my dress and into shorts because it was really hot by the fire. "Do you want to go down to the water?" Lyle asked and I nodded and let him pull me up from my chair. He kept hold of my hand as we stepped into the ocean. The waves were rolling over my feet and I leaned into Lyle. I looked up at him as he looked down. We held eye contact before I leaned in and kissed him. Our mouths started moving together and his hands found their way into my back pockets and he squeezed my butt, pulling me up against him. My hands ran through his hair as we both pulled away to see Jess and Perry skinny dipping. We walked back up to the party to see mostly everybody passed out and luckily Perry had said we could sleep in one of the guest rooms tonight, so we wouldn't have to sleep in Lyle's car again. I pulled off my shirt and Lyle handed me his as I took off my shorts and put his shirt on. I smiled because it smelled like him and threw myself on the bed. I was suddenly extremely tired. "Thanks for a fun night babes." I said, hovering over Lyle as he laid down and kissing him quickly. "Anytime babe." he said, pulling me into his chest. "Good night." "Night." I replied before quickly falling asleep.