Chapter 19

/Lyle's Pov/

I was hitting tennis balls across the court in our backyard, when my dad came outside. "Lyle, your form is looking better and better everyday." he said, as I sat on the bench, drinking water. "Listen we need to talk about your plans for college." "I thought I already told you, I was accepted into UCLA." I said, wiping my sweat on the towel sitting next to me. "Well actually I was talking to the admissions officer at Stanford and they said they would be happy to accept you." he said, as I stopped moving. "What? Dad I didn't even apply to Stanford." I said, shaking my head. He must have given them a pretty nice sized check to make them let me in. He left me on the bench while I thought about what he had just said. He made it sound like he was doing me a favor when in reality, he made it almost impossible for me to go anywhere other than Stanford. I had hoped since I was 18, he would stop controlling my life, but I guess not. I walked through the little pathway to Sarah's house and crawled up the tree to her room to see her studying for her Algebra quiz. She turned in her chair when she heard me step onto her balcony. "Hey Lyle, what's up?" she said, taking her glasses off and standing from her chair to hug me. Just by holding her, my anger was quickly diminishing, but my eyes started to tear up thinking about how I would be 5 hours away from her in a few months. She pulled away and I blinked to get rid of the tears. "I was just practicing." I said, sitting on her couch. "So what are you up to tonight?" "Well I really need to do well on the Algebra test tomorrow, so Erik can raise his grade and I think me and Erik are going to see The Lost Boys, that new one about the vampire gang, later." she said, cleaning up her desk. "Erik didn't cheat off of your test last time, did he?" I asked. "No, why?" she asked, turning around and picking out an outfit for the movies. "He must have done really bad, my dad was yelling at him when I came home the other day." I said, watching her pull out a jean skirt and hold it up to the mirror. She changed into a skirt and a white t shirt and turned around. "Does this look alright or should I dress up more?" she asked, as I stood up. "I think you look perfect." I said, grabbing her waist and pressing my lips to hers as she smiled. We talked for a while about our summer plans and I managed to avoid talking about college. I knew I would have to tell her eventually but it would make her sad and once I told her, it would make it more real and I just wanted to enjoy the last few months I had with her. She can always visit me, but a 15 minute drive and a 5 hour drive is a little bit of a difference.  I walked out with her to Erik's car when he pulled up and then decided to go back to my house. 

/Sarah's Pov/

 "Do you want popcorn and Sweetarts?" Erik asked, standing in front of the register. "Yes please." I said, smiling at him. We sat in the back, not knowing how scary this movie was going to be and had finished the popcorn before the movie had even started. "Do you want one?" I asked, tearing open the sweetarts. "A blue one please." he said and I fed it to him as he laughed. I put the arm rest up between our chairs and leaned against him as the lights turned off. 

The movie was pretty good, although it wasn't scary at all. We went to the beach, since the sun had already set, most everybody would have left by now. "Where do you want to live when we're older?" Erik asked, as we sat watching the tide come in. "Maybe San Diego or San Francisco. What about you?" I asked, still focused on the ocean. "Wherever you are." he said, as I turned to look at him. "Aww." I said, smiling at him and slightly leaning into him. "What would you change about your life if you could change one thing?" I asked. Erik thought for a second, "I would be an actor instead of playing tennis." "You would be such a good actor. You definitely have the good looks part down." I said, smirking at him. " Oh stop it, you could be a model. You're actually perfect inside and out." he said, staring in my eyes. "You're making me blush." I said, looking away. He tilted my chin towards him and looked at every inch of my face. "Perfect." he said, against my lips. I smiled and put my hands in his hair, slightly catching on his curls. We pulled away and he smiled at me. "We should probably head back before our parents kill us." he said, as he pulled me up. "Good night Erik. Love you." I said, as I stepped out of his car. "Night babe, I love you." He said. "See you tomorrow." I waved, smiling as I walked towards my door. This was such a great night and to make everything better, my parents cars were gone, which meant they wouldn't know that I had stayed out a little bit past curfew.