Chapter 21

I woke up in between the boys and sat up as I rubbed my eyes. I was about to lay back down when the phone started ringing and I reached over Erik to answer it, when his hand stopped me. "It's probably my dad. I don't want to explain to him why you are in my room." he groggily said and I nodded as he answered the phone. I sat against the headboard, playing with Lyle's hair as I could hear Jose yelling through the phone. He wasn't necessarily mad, but his voice was always booming when he was talking to his sons, especially Erik. "We're leaving for the airport and I have a meeting at work, so I won't be there for dinner. You can grab something on the way home. I'll be home by ten and if you aren't in your room, there will be consequences." he said and Erik gave me a side eye and looked back at the wall. "Yes sir." He hung up and sat next to me, running his hand over his face. "Now we can go to Cheesecake for dinner." I said, nudging him and he turned and smiled at me. "Yeah and no Sunday trivia." He added and I laughed. "Good thing, I haven't brushed up on my Soviet Union tactics to win the Cold War yet." I said and we laughed. Lyle started rolling around and must have thought he was in his own bed, because he fell off. "Oww." he groaned from the ground as me and Erik laughed. "Good morning sunshine." I said, as he lifted himself back onto the bed and he flipped us off. "Can we get breakfast before we leave?" Lyle mumbled, with a pillow on top of his head. "Babes it's one in the afternoon." I said and he peeked out from under the pillow. "We should probably get on the road in case we hit traffic." Erik said, throwing the duvet back and standing up. "We can grab something on the way." I said, trying to stand up too, but Lyle grabbed me and pulled me onto his chest. "I wanna cuddle." he said, resting his face in my neck. He started kissing my neck and then licked my neck sloppily. "Gross Lyle." I said, hitting his chest and moving off him. I wiped my neck with his shirt and threw it at him. "Hey!" "It's your spit." I said, with my hands raised. "I'm gonna go pack up and change and I'll meet you guys in the lobby in 20." I said, and they nodded. 

I changed into a cropped t shirt and jeans and slipped on my Nike tennis shoes. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and threw my clothes from last night into my suitcase. I was walking down the hallway when Erik jumped out from behind a vending machine and I jumped. "Erik!" I said, smacking his arm with a smile. "I scared two other people before you came out, thinking they were you." He said and we laughed. We walked down to the lobby together and Lyle was talking to a girl who was clearly hitting on him and he was clearly uninterested. I watched as she lifted his wrist and practically drooled over his Rolex. He snatched his wrist back and gave her a tight smile, before saying some probably less than nice words and walking over to us. "Ready to go?" he asked and me and Erik looked at him funnily. "What?" he questioned with a smile. "Such a ladies man." I said, gripping his bicep like the girl had been doing. "I only have one lady that I care about." he said and I smiled. 

We drove back to Beverly Hills and stopped at Cheesecake for dinner. "Oh I forgot to tell you. Jose is having a graduation dinner at the country club before graduation, since there is a big party at Perry's afterwards. It's mainly going to be his work friends and family, but obviously you're invited." Lyle said as he stole a fry off my plate. "Your graduation and the only person you can invite is me." I said, shaking my head. "You know how my father is." he said and I nodded. Yes, I did. Very, very controlling. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said, as I hugged them. "Thanks for a fun weekend." Lyle whispered in my ear and I smiled. "Good night, love you." I called as they walked next door. "Love you." they called back in unison. A fun weekend away with the boys and my father was away with Jose for a meeting, meaning my mom and Kitty were probably getting drinks. Some peace and quiet, what more could I ask for? I walked into my house and up the stairs to my room. I desperately needed to study for my Chemistry test tomorrow. If I failed, Erik failed and his father was extremely strict about his grades. I laid my textbook and notes out on my bed and started highlighting certain concepts that I didn't quite get yet and put little stars next to the formulas that I needed to memorize. 

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to the noise of tennis balls hitting against the fence surrounding Lyle and Erik's tennis court. I sat and looked at the clock to see it was past midnight. I went downstairs and out back to see it was Lyle. I moved closer and could see he wasn't just practicing his swing, he was truly angry about something. I contemplated going over to ask him if he was alright, but decided against it. If he wanted me to know, he would tell me in the morning.