Chapter 7

/Erik/
"Look who I brought." Lyle said as Sarah walked in behind him. "Hey Sar." I said, standing up from the couch and hugging her. "I missed you last night." "Yeah she was feeling a bit under the weather, but she's feeling better now." Lyle said, looking at Sarah. "Yep, and I'm here to be your cheerleader while you practice." she said, smiling at me. "I'm going to get changed, you guys can go get everything ready." Lyle said, running up the stairs. "I'm going to tell mom that we're going outside." I said, as Sarah was grabbing water bottles out of the fridge. "Mom, we're going to the tennis court, you should come watch us." I said, as I peeked into her bedroom. "Go away Erik." she sniffled as she lifted her wine glass from the table. "C'mon Mom, we love you." I said, looking at her as she downed another glass of wine. "Just leave me alone." She had been depressed ever since she found out our dad was having an affair on her. I sat on the steps and closed my eyes as I heard her sobs get louder. I walked down the stairs and out back to the court. "Ok, we'll play 3 sets and whoever loses has to pay for lunch and whoever wins gets to pick the place." Sarah said, as she sat down on the bench. We had played two sets and it was fun for a while, but we were getting kinda tired. "Sarah, I challenge you." Lyle said and threw a ball at her as she stood up from the bench. "I bet you're gonna lose Ly." I said, laughing as I handed my racket to Sarah. I grabbed a water bottle and wiped my forehead with the towel. "You got this Sarah." I said, sitting down. Lyle served the ball and Sarah crouched down as it flew past her head. "You're supposed to hit the ball." Lyle said, laughing. "I got scared." she said, as she cautiously stood back up. "Here let me help you." I said, as I stood behind her and put my hand over hers on the racket. "Ok, so when the ball is almost to you, you swing the racket really hard. Always stand with the racket ready." I said, very aware how close we were and how her butt was rubbing on my front. I swallowed thickly and helped her hit it as Lyle served it softly. I almost had a full on boner, so I went to the bathroom as they kept playing. Fuck, I need to keep myself under control. We've been friends for so long, I don't want to ruin that. But I've also never been interested in any other girl. The only problem was that Lyle liked her too.

We had finished lunch at Cheesecake. I ended up paying, but I didn't mind. We decided to drive around town for a while, because we all didn't want to go back our houses.