Chapter 3

September 1986

Erik and Sarah were the best of friends and spent alot of time together. Every year in the yearbook, they were always together in all the student life pictures. Lyle loved hanging out with them too, and when the three were together they were unstoppable. The whole school looked up to the Untouchable Trio. With Lyle being a Senior and Erik and Sarah being Sophomores, he always got them into all the best parties.

/Sarah/
"What are you doing on Friday?" I asked Erik as Lyle drove us back to my house to hang out. "I have a tennis tournament on Saturday, so I'm going to stay in." Erik said, biting his nails, a nervous habit of his that I had caught on to. His dad was really intense, especially with his tennis career. Not just with Erik, but with Lyle being the oldest, Erik had to live up to his standards. "Perry is having a party at his grandparents beach house, if you wanted to come with me." Lyle said, stopping at a red light and turning to look at me. "Yeah sure, what time?" "I'll pick you up at 9." he said, smiling. I always thought Lyle was attractive, but I also really liked Erik, and we were all really close friends, so I never wanted to stop that. We hung out at my house and Lyle picked out an outfit for me to wear to the party. "I really wish you could come with us Erik. Are you sure your dad wouldn't let you go even for a little bit?" I asked. I noticed him and Lyle make eye contact. "I don't think so, but maybe next time."

It was the day of the party and I had just finished painting my nails when my dad walked into my room. "Where are you going?" he asked, crossing his arms. "I'm going to hang out with Lyle." I said, standing up and putting my nail polish on my table. "Is Becca going to be there?" "No Dad, we aren't friends anymore I promise." I said, huffing as he yet again brought up my friend who got pregnant last year. "Don't be annoyed with me, you're lucky I let you hang out with those Menendez boys, I can't believe you're not pregnant yet with your slutty ways." I heard a car park outside. " I have to go." I said pushing past him and slamming the door before he could say anything else. I wiped away the few tears that had fallen and blinked a few times to hide my glassy eyes as I sat in Lyles car. "Hey whats wrong?" he asked worriedly. "Nothing I'm fine." I said, buckling in and giving him my best fake smile, hoping he would just drop it. "Ok." he said, unsure but dropping it nonetheless. "You look really good tonight." "Well you did pick out my outfit." I said, laughing, already feeling better. "I do have really good fashion, what can I say?" he smirked and winked at me. "Oh shut up." I said, giving him a light shove. He smiled as we drove down Rodeo to Perrys.