Chapter 12

/Sarah/
I woke up and rolled over and groaned as my bruised stomach hit my mattress. I had layed in bed all of Sunday and finally managed to fall asleep at about 3 am this morning, so I currently was running on 4 hours of sleep. I rubbed my eyes and stumbled into the shower. I stood under the hot water and closed my eyes. I didn't want to go to school today, but if I didn't, I knew the boys would be over later to check on me and I didn't want them to worry. Also, Lyle would more than likely know why I stayed home. I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around myself and walked into my closet, quickly picking a pair of leggings and a baggy tshirt. I grabbed my converse and backpack and walked out to my Jeep. I turned the radio up as the boys hopped in and we sped off. I parked and we walked in together. Lyle and Erik stopping to do some handshakes with guys and I was stopped a few times to catch up with some girls. "When are you gonna start dating?" I heard as I caught up with Erik and Lyle. Lyle coughed and we walked to our lockers. "See you at lunch." Lyle said, dropping us off at our English class.

I had managed to make it through the first two periods and lunch but by 3rd period math, I was dragging. "Ok everybody, pull out your textbooks and flip to Chapter 11, do questions 1-20 with your partner, and turn them in by the end of class." Mr. Richardson said, as my eyes started drooping. I wrote out a few of the problems, but my eyes were physically burning. I shut my eyes and rubbed them in hopes that would alleviate them. "You alright?" Erik nudged me. "M fine, just tired." I said, opening my eyes. "Here, you can take a nap, I'll do the rest of the problems." "Erik, I love you but you're not the best at math." I said, smiling. "The answers are in the back." he whispered and smiled at me.  "You're the best." I said, as he nudged off his jacket for me to use as a pillow. I woke up as the bell rang and handed Erik back his jacket. "Thanks curls." I said, grabbing his hand. "No problem." he smiled down at me as we walked to our lockers. "See you in an hour." I said, waving to him as I walked into Psychology. I sat at the back and tried to think of anything other than my warm bed waiting for me.

"So theres another party at Perrys Friday, I told him we'd be there." Lyle said, from the back seat. "What if I already have plans?" I said, adjusting my sunglasses at a stoplight. "With who?" Lyle said, doubtfully. "Just a guy, you wouldn't know him, he goes to USC." I said, smirking at him in the rearview mirror. "Oh really?" he asked. I knew I had both their attentions as they were both staring at me wide-eyed. "Just kidding, I'll see you both there." They visibly relaxed and I wondered why they were so worried about me going on a date. They couldn't possibly have the same feelings I had for them, could they?