Chapter 10

November 1986
/Sarah/

It had been about 2 weeks without the boys and I was actually alright. I avoided them at school, by going to the library or teachers classrooms during lunch and the classes I had with Erik, I simply sat at the front of the room, with Emily, who was nice but definitely alot smarter than me. I've picked up smoking, which helps with my anxiety, and its really easy to hide, because my parents go out to neighbors houses or to dinner alot, and I have a balcony. I know Erik and Lyle would be pissed that I'm "killing myself" but I couldn't care less. Lyle smokes occassionally at parties, but it's more of a social thing. It was almost the weekend and my parents went out for some drinks with Jose and Kitty, per usual. I took out the bag in my closet and took out one of the joints I had rolled earlier. I sat on the balcony as their car pulled away and lit it, feeling myself destress everytime I exhaled. As I finished, I laughed as I thought about how fucked up my life was. The two people who I loved the most, I was pushing away and my parents supposedly loved me, but treated me like shit. The sun started to go down and it was getting a little chilly. I found one of Eriks sweatshirts in the back of my dresser and put it on over my pajamas. It smelled like him and I smiled. Maybe I would go see him right now. I really missed him and Lyle. I wanted to feel the cool pavement on my feet, so I didn't bother putting my shoes on. Walking was quite hard, because the world was moving, but I managed to make it to their gate. I entered the code, that I had memorized and ran to their door, because I couldn't wait any longer. I knocked on the door and smiled when Erik opened the door. "Erikkkk, hey buddy." I said, laughing as I practically fell into him. He took one look at my hooded, red eyes and called for Lyle. "Whats u- uh oh." Lyle said, as he saw me. "Where are your shoes?" "They ran away." I said, giggling. "I'm starving." "Lets get you inside." Erik said, as I stumbled, only to have Lyles arm hold onto my waist. "Here." Erik said, as he put scrambled eggs and mac and cheese in front of me. I ate everything within a few minutes and then chugged 3 glasses of water. "I'm tired." I said, as my eyes started closing. "You can sleep in my room." Lyle said, standing up and washing the dishes. I tried walking but the floor kept moving. "You need some help?" Erik said, standing in front of me. "I need the floor to quit moving." I said, holding onto the banister. "Here we go." Erik said, picking me up bridal style and carrying me up to Lyles room and laying me on his bed. I immediately laid my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. "I love you Erik." I said, smiling. "I love you too Sarah." Erik said, as he put a glass of water on the table next to me and kissed my head before walking to his room. "Hey Lyle." I said, as I opened my eyes to see who had walked in. "Hey Sarah." he said, taking off his shirt and stripping down to his boxers. "Your name rhymes with Kyle." I said, laughing as he laid under the covers. "Go to sleep Sarah." he laughed, as he pulled me under the covers and held me to his chest.