Chapter 4

/Lyle/

I pulled up to the beach house and walked in the front door to see two kegs on the counter and tons of people everywhere. I reached out for Sarah's hand to pull her through the crowd. We found Perry and he pulled Sarah in for a hug and they started talking. "I'm going to go get us some drinks." I said in Sarah's ear, dropping her hand. I really liked her, but so did everyone else in all of Los Angeles. Also, I knew for a fact my brother liked her because we talked about her quite a bit. The only thing that was really holding us back was if she found out about our dad, she would probably make fun of us or think we're weird. I was knocked out of my thoughts when Samantha "accidentally" ran into me. "Oh hey Lyle, sorry I didn't see you there." she said, obnoxiously giggling and grabbing my arm. Girls did this all the time at school, thinking they had a chance with me, when I've had my eye on the same girl for the past 4 years. "Bye Samantha." I said, pulling her arm off me and grabbing two cups and filling them with vodka and sprite. "Here." I said, as I handed Sarah her cup and instinctively put my arm around her waist. I hated being possessive but alot of guys were staring at her right now, including my best friend. "Well, I hope you guys have fun, I have to make sure my fan club is getting enough to drink." he said as he waved to a group of girls, to which they giggled in response. "See ya."

/Sarah/

We had been at this party for about 3 hours and we were both wasted. "Lyle, seriously no. You can't drive. We're going to die." "Fine, we'll just sleep in here then." he said, getting in the back seat. "I'm cold." I said, after laying in the front seat for about 20 minutes. "Well come back here and cuddle then." he said, opening his arms. I crawled into the back and laid on my side, my back facing him. He pulled me closer and I was warm instantly. "Better?" "Yep." I said, quickly falling asleep. I woke up to the sun blinding me. "Uhh." I said, rolling over and burying my face in my pillow, which was a little firmer than usual. "Morning babe." Lyle said, opening his eyes. "Morning." I said, remembering where I was. "I should probably get home, before my dad starts worrying." "I was thinking the same thing." Lyle said, sitting up.

"Sarah Moore, where the fuck were you last night?" my dad yelled in my face as soon as I closed the door. I was thankful for the gum Lyle had given me last minute this morning or my breath probably would have still smelled like vodka. "I was hanging out with Lyle I told you this yesterday." I said, trying to stay calm and try to not aggravate him. "Oh so you slept with him last night?" "No, it's not like th-" I was cut off as I felt a fist go into my stomach. "I don't want to see you with those boys for the next month, maybe that will teach you not to sleep around. You're grounded." I held in my tears the best I could as I hobbled up the stairs. It wasn't worth arguing, it would only end in more bruises.

I went downstairs to get more ice for my almost purple stomach when I saw my mom at the sink. She saw what happened earlier, and like always she acted like she didn't, she was just as bad as my dad. "How am I supposed to get to school, since I'm not allowed to ride with Lyle anymore?" I asked, putting the ice under my shirt and feeling slightly better. "Your dad is buying you a car right now, we were going to wait for your birthday, but this way you don't have to rely on Lyle or me to drive you places. Plus you passed your driving test a few months ago." she said, smiling. "Thanks." I said, walking back upstairs. Perfect, people are going to think I have the nicest parents in the world because they bought me a car, if only they knew they were completely wrong.