Chapter 14

/Sarah/
I was sitting on my balcony, when I heard a whistling from my front yard. I looked through the railing to see Lyle standing there. I quickly nodded my head, signaling my parents weren't awake and he started climbing up the tree that led to my room. He quickly grabbed the railing and pushed himself over and sat next to me. We watched the occassional car go by and listened to the seemingly never ending traffic a few roads over. "My dads making me go to prom." he spoke up after a while. "Who are you asking?" I said, looking over at him and searching his face. I kind of didn't want to know, I guess you could say I had feelings for him, but I also liked Erik, so I never acted on them. "I was planning on asking you." he said, looking back out at the road. "Oh." I said, surprised and trying to contain my relief that he wasn't taking someone else. "If I tell you something, you have to swear not to tell anybody, including Erik." he said, putting out his pinky. I locked pinkies with him and sweared. "Ok so my dad is really strict on us if you hadn't picked that up yet, but he's even harder on Erik, maybe thats why he's making me go to prom with you, and I know that he has feelings for you and I don't want to ruin anything by taking you to Prom with me, but I also really like you." He said in one breathe. "Wow." I said, looking down to make sure my heart wasn't literally beating out of my chest. "Don't feel like you have to return the feelings I completely understand." Lyle said, looking at me worriedly. "I knew I shouldn't have said anyth-" I leaned over and pecked his lips. "I like you guys too." I smiled, pulling away. "I never said anything because I like both of you and I didn't want to ruin our friendship." "I can't believe this is happening." Lyle said, smiling and touching his lips. "You're so cute." I said, laughing as he was in a trance. We started talking about prom and where we were going for dinner. "Are you coming over for dinner tomorrow night?" He asked, as we laid on my floor. "Yeah, it should be fun." I said, referring to the many trivia questions that were thrown towards us from Jose. "Thankfully your parents will be there, so usually all his attention is on them." he said, putting his arm behind his head. "I can't wait to get out of here." I said, thinking out loud. "Where would you go if you could go anywhere?" Lyle asked, rolling onto his side to look at me. "San Diego." I said, with a blank face. "You want to go like 2 hrs away?" he asked, laughing. "Well, I actually really like it there. But seriously probably Australia or Mexico." I said, looking at him. "What about you?" "Anywhere you are I'm happy." he said, smiling. "That was so cheesy." I laughed, giving him a light shove. He laughed and grabbed my arm pulling me into him. He kissed my head and I laid my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeat. We laid there for hours, before I assume I fell asleep. I woke up to the sun blinding my eyes and a note on my chest.
Sorry I had to leave before you woke up, didn't want my dad knowing I didn't come home last night. See you in a few :)
I smiled and laid it on my bed, before getting ready for the day.