Chapter 2

August 10 1982

Erik and Lyle were carrying their bags up to their rooms and putting things into there places. The moving team had already put the furniture and appliances in place and the last little bits of moving in were almost done.

August 18 1982

The Menendez family had been in California for about a week now and had already been invited to a dinner at the neighbors house. Kitty brought one of the finest wines they had from the cellar and called the boys down, fixing Eriks collar, before leading them out to the car, where Jose was already waiting behind the wheel. "Boys, I want you to behave tonight. This man is my boss and you must not embarass me. Only speak when spoken to and use your manners." Jose said, firmly, before parking the car and checking his hair in the rearview mirror. Jose put his hand on his wife's back and led her to the front door, while the boys followed suit, behind them. The door was opened and it smelled like freshly baked bread as they were led to a dining room as big as theirs. "Hello, this is my wife Kitty and my sons Lyle and Erik." Jose said, smiling and holding his gaze on the younger boy when he gave a weak handshake to Mr. Moore. "Nice to meet you all, my wife, Sandra and my daughter, Sarah are finishing dinner. Oh here they are." he said, stepping aside as the two girls walked in. Lyle smiled at Sarah, which she returned and she snuck a look at Erik, which he blushed and turned his head down. Sarah swore she saw Erik's dad pat his back a little too hard and Erik's head shot up, but maybe he was just a rough guy. They ate dinner and she was asked a few questions, but not a lot, which she liked. She was sat next to Erik and it seemed like he was used to not having the attention on him. "So, where did you move from?" she asked. "New Jersey." he said. "Are you going to Beverly Hills Middle school?" "Yeah, are you in 6th grade too?" he asked, hopeful for a new friend. "Yep." she said, smiling because she thought his curly hair was really cute.