THE CAPTAIN'S DAUGHTER (Ruby P.O.V)

- That's another question and you've already asked two – I say while I stand up and get out of the bed.

- Yes, I know... but I have more questions. For example those tattoos, are they a vampire thing or a sorceress thing?

- Sorceress thing – I answer sighing – They're magic symbols, some of them for protection, others are located in special points in my body that are centres of vital energy.

- Energy... that's what magic is about?

- Yes indeed – I answer placing my hands on my hips, I'm getting tired of this question game – Energy is all around us, it forms part of the nature, and a spell works when you channel that energy. The power of a sorceress depends on how much energy she can collect and channel in one go and with her mind focused on her purpose. Some people like me have a gift for magic and other people have to learn it the hard way. In fact, everybody is able to cast a spell if he tries.

- Would you teach me? - I stare at her suddenly on alert, I'm naturally suspicious of anyone that wants my power. What is she trying to do learning magic? Does she want to stand against me? I force my way in her mind again carelessly and I hear her whine. This time I've hurt her; I remove her headache with a mental touch and I search my answers: no, she doesn't want to confront me; she's just curious and trying to bond with me by looking for something in common we could have; also she wants to understand me better and not fear me. She has good intentions. All right Ruby, you should stop being suspicious of everything or you'll drive her crazy.

- I'll teach you if you promise to apply yourself to your studies, I don't like to waste my time – she nods.

- You haven't answered my question: when are you drinking again?

- Soon – to be honest I was hoping that I could drink from her but I don't think she trusts me yet. I only need two or three sips but it's better if I extract them in the middle of an orgasm, with adrenaline and endorphins running wild in her blood it's like a fix of the best drug ever. But if I keep forcing her mind and invading her privacy the only thing I'm going to get is a pretty pissed off Iselen.

- You're expecting... you want to drink from me? – She asks while looking at me scared. Okay Ruby, it's time to change your strategy.

- Well, if you don't want to volunteer I can consider the captain's daughter. She's young and looks healthy. I only need to wrap her mind in a cloud of sensuality and I'll get what I need.

- Cloud of sensuality? What do you mean? – I hide a smile when I hear her outraged tone of voice. Jealous, are we?

- Well, you know, it's very difficult to erase a traumatic memory and it can always appear in nightmares again. However, erasing a pleasant memory can be as difficult as erasing a bad one but if it appears in a wet dream... who cares? You'd think that is just a naughty dream. Don't worry, I'll figure something to captivate that girl. By the way, since we're being honest here... I guess you should know that my cat is not an average house cat, he only pretends to be one.

I walk out the door leaving a shocked Iselen in front of the real Lucifer. Yes baby, last night you slept between a vampire and a huge black panther. You're very lucky to be alive.

(Iselen P.O.V.)

It's been two days since our "questions and answers" game. Since that moment she's been kind to me and she's started to teach me breathing exercises and meditation techniques that apparently will help me to control my body and the energy flowing through it. She's a more patient teacher than I thought and I work hard because I don't want to disappoint her. Meanwhile, Lucifer keeps pretending that he's an innocent kitty but from time to time he scares the hell out of me when I turn around to find him in all his glory. I think he does it on purpose just to see me jumping. At night... Ruby just sleeps with her back to me, and during the day she spends her time chatting with the captain's daughter. I spoke to her too, she's a lovely little girl to be honest. Damn! What am I going to do?

Tonight the Sorceress is very smartly dressed because she's going to have dinner with the Captain and his family; however, my food is waiting for me on a tray on our cabin's table. Apparently, I'm not invited. Fuck! I think she's going to do it: she's going to drink from her. I feel like a huge weight in my stomach and I don't think I'll be able to eat a bite. I can barely hold back the tears.

- Eat your food before it gets cold and don't leave this cabin alone, get it?

I nod and Ruby walks through the door without looking back. Now I'm finally crying, my hands are shaking and I cross them over my belly trying to hold the pain that I'm suddenly feeling going up to my chest. "Please, come back" is the only think I have in my mind, I repeat it again and again while my body rocks to the rhythm of my sobs. I can't stand this, I have to go and find her, I have to stop her, I have... I've promised not to leave this cabin alone. Well, I can take Lucifer with me so I'm not alone. I hold the cat tight, almost squeezing him and making him meowing surprised, and I go to the door. I open it abruptly... and there's Ruby, leaning on the frame with her trademark smirk on her face.

- Honey, are you okay? I thought I heard something.

She knew it, she knew that this was going to happen, she planned everything and she spent two days playing games with me. I should be furious but I'm only relieved and my legs are shaking. Now I need to make it up to her somehow. I got to know her particularly well during these days and I think that I gave her a hard time, she'll probably want to punish me so I need come up with something: if I humiliate myself enough maybe she'll be satisfied. Slowly, I release Lucifer leaving him on the floor and I take off my dressing gown standing in front of her with my blue satin nightgown. She bought it so she must like it. Then I kneel down on the floor, almost between her legs, leaning my head on her belly and, with my arms placed around her waist, I hug her tight.

- Please, forgive me Ruby. I'm so sorry. I've been so stupid... I'll never refuse you anything, I promise. I'm so sorry – I start weeping again, my tears soaking her shirt – Don't leave me, please, don't go with her, I'll do anything you want – I feel her hand stroking my hair, she's still hesitant so I sob harder. Finally, she helps me up and she steps into the cabin, closing the door behind her.

- Get in bed, you'll catch a cold.