SOMNIUM (Iselen P.O.V)

- How do I manage to make Ruby remember me? – I mumble while pacing up and down across her den – If I try to explain her what's happening directly she'll probably kill me before I'm even able to open my mouth... which reminds me... we need to get out of here before she comes back.

Quickly but with extreme care, I place the precious book back on the shelf and start shaking my hands to get rid of the remains of magical energy that my spell to open the door and Lucy's change of form could've caused. I make sure that all her stuff is just as she left it while my mind is still thinking at full speed. I open the door and let my cat out before turning to look at Lucifer... and suddenly I see it clear.

- I'm going to repeat the same patterns... I'm going to make everything happen again, I'll twist my ankle and come here asking her for help... maybe she'll remember this way. I see you in some hours. Everything will be all right, my friend, I'll promise.

I close the door and block the latch again before erasing my magical trail till the last energy spark. I take the cat in my arms and rush towards the north wing taking advantage of the fact that everybody is still talking with the king and getting ready for the hunting party... I have to change my clothes. The horns sound in the distance announcing the departure of the hunters while I'm putting my pants and riding boots on, Ruby should be walking back to her studio now and I hope she doesn't find anything weird and Lucifer is able to pretend that nothing wrong happened. I run out of my bedroom again heading to the back staircase because I don't want courtiers seeing me wearing pants, I could follow this route with my eyes closed since I've been here a thousand times: I arrive to the stables almost out of breath and a surprised Eric looks at me like I've lost my mind. He's here, of course, he hasn't left to go working with his cousin yet. I clear my throat and smile while he bursts into laughing.

- Milady, I should've known that you'd come looking for Deva the moment the king vanished. I'll saddle the mare in a minute... do you have a cat? I didn't know you have a pet.

He turns around in order to look for the saddle but I'm not answering him because I'm holding back my tears: my beautiful mare, my best friend, she's again with me. Her hair shines beautifully under the sunlight when we leave the stable and she neighs anxiously like she always do when she's eager to run through the forest. Lucy jumps to the rump and we rush out of the castle courtyard galloping, I can't hold back a scream of happiness while the wind whips in my hair and shirt... even in the middle of this nightmare, this moment is like a wonderful dream. Unfortunately, it can't last forever, besides I miss Ruby so I think it's time to find a rabbit in order to scare the mare and... "Just let your ass drop to the ground, you idiot," I scold myself while rolling my eyes hard. I fail on my first attempt, hurting yourself on purpose isn't that easy, but I manage to twist my ankle in a convincing manner the second time I fall on my ass.

I go back to the stables al full gallop, hand Deva's reins to Eric after giving the animal a tight hug that leave both a bit shocked and walk into the castle limping, climbing stairs while wincing till I reach the East Tower. My cat hides around the corner staring at me with curiosity while I check that everything's fine: my clothes are covered in soil, I'm sweating a little, my eyes are red and puffy after saying goodbye to my mare, my ankle is throbbing inside my boot... all right, it's time to put a sad face, let a couple of tears run down my cheeks and knock at the door.

- What do you want? – "I want you..." I think desperate but trying to build up a wall between my mind and hers knowing that she can read my thoughts if she wants.

- I'm sorry my Lady, I didn't mean to disturb your leisure but I've had a little accident with my horse. I've fallen on my back and I have my ankle twisted. Would you be so kind as to give something to relieve pain so I can wait for the King's healers to come back from their hunting? It'll just take a minute and I won't bother you again. I'd be so grateful...