TOURIST GUIDE (Iselen P.O.V)

I stretch my limbs on the linen sheets of the bed, yawning while I see how the light comes through the blinds of the windows. It's getting late, I need to get up and get dressed to go out for a walk in the city with the shy prince Nandi. I'd rather go exploring on my own but I can't refuse the King's offer... Next to me, Lucifer is waiting for me to move sitting on the pillow and let him take possession of the sheets warmed up by my body. I smile while I rub his head with my finger and finally get out of bed.

Walking to the bathroom I realize that my body is slightly sore despite the healing power of Ruby's blood. It's been two days since we came home from the party and the only thing we've done throughout this time has been kissing, cuddling and having wild sex. Who would have thought that a vampire could be a snuggle bug like a pampered cat. Unfortunately, it's time to go back to the real world: she has to study and I have to visit this intriguing kingdom. My reflection in the mirror grabs my attention, on my neck there're traces of dry blood... This is very rare, usually the Sorceress never spills a single drop, but of course it must be difficult to drink when I'm twisting on bed because she's tickling me... The memory of the first time she did it comes to my mind and I smile with nostalgia... I was so stupidly scared...

All of a sudden, an idea makes its way through my mind like a flash, I frown before the mirror for a second and then I leave the bedroom running, waking up Lucifer from his nap and not giving a damn for the fact that I'm totally naked. The leftovers of Ruby's breakfast are on the dining room table but she's nowhere to be seen. I must hurry to catch her before she leaves... I run through the whole house till I reach the front door, the Sorceress is already wearing her hood and leans her hand on the doorknob to open it.

- Ruby! – I scream at the top of my lungs. She turns around immediately, on alert and shocked when I hug her tight against my bare skin.

- Iselen, honey, what's wrong? Are you okay? – She places her hand on my cheek worried.

- What will happen? – I ask out of breath.

- Sorry, when?

- If I become a vampire you won't be able to drink from my veins... what will happen then?

- Oh well, actually that's not entirely true. If you really are 'mea aeternam' we'll drink from each other's blood. We'll feed from our special connection and we won't need other people... if we're not... that's fine, there's no problem... we can go out hunting together every time you need it and...

- You're going to drink from other women?!?!?! – Rage mixed with panic starts running through my body. On a little wooden table next to me, the water inside a vase filled with orchids starts freezing and the flowers turn into crystal. Suddenly, the vase shatters throwing shards across the entrance hall. I tried to step back scared but Ruby stops me holding me by my arms – What was that?

- It was you, honey, your negative energy has turned water into ice. Stop! Don't move or you'll cut yourself – with a quick movement of her hand she makes the glass pieces vanish and cleans the water from the floor.

- Did I do that? – I ask confused.

- Iselen, you're jealous – her mocking and cocky smirk feels like a stab in my heart, I step back ashamed – No, wait. Calm down, babe, I'm sorry. Come here – Ruby places her arms around my waist sharing her body heat with me, she leans her lips on my temple – Listen, I won't drink from other women if you don't want me to do it, okay? We can feed on young boys and we'll be fine and always together while doing it. Drinking blood from stranger isn't the sensual experience I share with you, it's just as simple as drinking water... sometimes you have a cut-glass bottle whereas sometimes you have an earthenware bowl, that's the only difference. You'll be the only woman I'll touch, is that all right? This way – she takes my lower lip between her teeth gently and sucks it before releasing it.