Chapter 14

"Jeff, what's going on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up", Newt asks.

"Hey man, I got my job the same way you did..."

Newt glances at Thomas to see him staring at her, like he recognizes her.

"Do you recognize her?"

"No", Thomas shakes his head.

"Really? Because she seemed to recognize you", Newt sighs.

"What about the note?"

"We'll worry about the note later", Newt sighs.

"I think you should worry about it now."

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment."

"He's right, Newt. If the box isn't coming back up, how long do you think we can last", Jeff sighs.

"No one said that. Let's not jump to any conclusions. We just... We'll just wait until she wakes up and see what she knows. Somebody has gotta have some answers around here", Newt sighs.

"Okay...", I say, finally speaking, making everybody look at me. I walk towards the door, when Newt speaks.

"Well, where are you going", Newt asks, making me look at him.

"Back into the Maze", I reply, leaving the infirmary.

"Hey", I hear Newt say from behind me. I continue to ignore him. "Hey, Bella! Hey." He grabs my wrist, stopping me from walking any futher.

"Don't try to stop me, Newt... If I was somehow... involved in this... What's happened to us.. I need to fix it", I sigh, before starting to walk off.

"I'm not gonna try to stop you", Newt says.

"Really? Then, what's the catch", I question.

"I just want you to promise me something..."

"What?" Newt steps closer to me, cupping my cheek with his hand.

"Don't die", Newt whispers.

"I'll try not to", I smile weakly.

Newt slowly leans down and kissed my lips softly for a few seconds, before pulling away and looking down at me.

"And let Minho go with you... You're not going back out there alone..."

"I'm going to", Thomas says.

I nod, before they walk over to me.

"Meet me in the woods, both of you, in a half- hour", Minho says.

We nod, before splitting up.

*Later*

As Thomas and I are standing outside a hut, from the corner of my eye, I see Minho and three other guys walking around the corner.

It's Winston, Frypan, and Zart.

"Will this be enough", Minho asks.

"Yeah. That's plenty", Thomas nods.

"Okay. Let's go", I say.

We run out of the woods and towards the maze entrance.

Before we run in, I glance back to see Newt watching me.

I sigh, before running in, after everyone.

I wonder why that girl said my name...

I didn't recognize her... but Thomas sure as hell looked like he recognized her.

Maybe he does remember her...

Maybe it's been so long, since I was sent in.. that... I don't remember her.

Maybe I do know her, but I just don't remember.

I mean... she had to have said my name for some reason...

I just hope that I don't have anything to do with us being in the maze. I hope I didn't help the bastards who put us in here.

All I can do is hope...

As we're running, I stop, as they run ahead of me. I turn my head to see... the dead griever.

"Guys", I call, making them stop.

They look at me, before I look up.

"It's here..."