Chapter 17

*Thomas's Pov*

""She's the last one." What does that mean", Teresa asks me.

"We're not sure", I admit. "Ever since you came up, that box hasn't gone back down. I just think it's got everyone a little worried. Especially Gally", I sigh, looking over at Gally who's pacing back and forth, while Newt is sitting on a log with Bella by his side.

"He thinks it's my fault."

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else", I ask.

"I remember water, feeling like I was drowning. These faces staring at me. And this woman's voice saying the same thing over and over."

"Wicked is good", I say. "Ever since I've been here, I've had these dreams. Well, I thought they were dreams. You.... You were there. You were there, and you told me that everything was gonna change", I admit.

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know. I just always get pieces."

"And the others don't remember anything?"

"No. Why are we different?"

Teresa reaches in her pocket and pulls out something.

"These were in my pocket when I came up", She says handing me two viles.

I take them to see the same four letters on it. On the inside, is some kind of liquid.

"W.C.K.D. Wicked is good", I say.

"What if we were sent here for a reason?"

"Alby..."

*My Pov*

I look down at Alby's body, sighing.

"We don't even know what this stuff is. We don't know who sent it. Or why it came up here with you. I mean... for all we know this thing could kill him", Newt sighs.

"He's already dying. Look at him", Thomas says, making Newt glance at Alby. "How could this possibly make it any worse?"

"Newt... it's worth a try", I sigh.

"All right. Do it", Newt says, handing Thomas the needle.

He quickly walks over to Alby and looks down at him. He glances back at us, before looking at Alby. However, Alby slowly looks down at Thomas, before grabbing him.

"You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't here", Alby growls, making Newt rush over to Thomas and help him get free of Alby.

I quickly grab the syringe, as they hold him down.

I swiftly stab it into his chest, making him stop resisting them.

He calms down, and I sigh, brushing the hair out of my eyes. "Well, that worked..."

"Okay, from now on, someone stays here and watches him around the clock", Newt sighs.

"Hey", I hear Gally say from the doorway. We slowly turn around, looking at him. "Sundown, you two. Time to go", Gally says.

I glance at Newt, before walking over to him.

I stand on my tippy toes and kiss his lips softly, making him kiss back.

Thomas and I follow him to the pits, and I sigh.

"Hey, what is your problem with me", Thomas asks Gally.

"Everything started going wrong the minute you showed up. First Ben, then Alby, and now the girl. Everybody saw she recognized you two. And I'm betting one of you knows who she is", Gally says, before opening the hatch.

"What about me? I've been here for three years and all of a sudden you're being an asshole."

"You've been distracting Newt from his duties. He's been acting more on feelings rather than logic... because of you", Gally hisses, making me roll my eyes. I jump down, into the pit, after Thomas.

Thomas looks up at Gally, as he locks the hatch.

"Gally, you know we can't stay here forever, right?"

He just glances at Thomas, before walking off, leaving us in the dark.

I sigh, before taking a seat on the ground and leaning against the wall.