Chapter 10

As I'm sitting on my bed, staring at the wall ahead of me, there's a knock at the infirmary door. I don't speak, but it opens anyways.

"I could've been indecent", I sigh.

"I was hoping you were decent", Newt sighs, before sitting across from me. "Look.... I'm sorry you had to witness that today", Newt sighs.

"Why didn't you let me stay?"

"It wasn't safe..."

"Nothing here is safe...If he got bit... in clear daylight... not even the glade is safe anymore.... Besides, he told me it was my fault. He told me I was mistake, and I was gonna get everyone killed.... Maybe it's true. Maybe I should've let him kill me", I sigh.

"Do not talk like that. Us being stuck here... is not your fault. The things that have happened to us in the past wasn't your fault.... None of this.. is your fault", Newt sighs.

"But.. what if it is? What if... I was accidently sent here... and.. I wasn't meant to be. What if... since they made that mistake.... they're trying to kill us off to fix that mistake, to pretend it never happened?"

"They're not. You didn't do anything wrong... I promise you didn't."

"Newt, you don't know! I could be... I could've helped them for fucks sake", I exclaim, standing up.

"You didn't! I know you didn't", Newt exclaims.

"How?!" I turn around to, to see him stepping towards me.

"Cause I know you... You wouldn't do that..."

"Things could've been different... I could've-", I start, when Newt grabs me, by the waist, and pulls me into a passionate kiss.

I instantly kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He pushes me against the wall gently, kissing me passionately.

I kiss back, not being able to stop.

For three years, I've wanted him. I've wanted to be his and only his.

I've been in love with him ever since he saved my life.

Newt and I slowly break apart, looking at each other.

"Am I the one you like?"

I slowly nod, making an adorable smile spread across his face.

"That's a good thing... cause I like you to...", Newt smiles, making me smile.

He slowly leans in again and kisses my lips softly. I kiss back, feeling the warmth radiating off him.

*The Next Morning*

"But why would Alby go into the Maze", Thomas asks. "I mean, he's not a runner", Thomas sighs.

"Things are different now. Alby went to retrace Ben's footsteps before sundown. Look, are you gonna help", Newt sighs, as I'm resting on top of the tree.

They've forbidden me from helping, since I'm supposed to be resting today, but I'm tired of being cooped up in that room. They let me come out and talk to everyone, but I'm not allowed to help.

Which I hate, since I'm in pain.

"So, he's gonna go back to where Ben was just stung..."

"Alby knows what he's doing, all right? He knows better than any of us", Newt sighs.

"What does that mean?"

"Well, it's like you have heard, yeah? Every month, the box sends up a new arrival. But someone had to be first, right? Someone had to have spent a whole month in the Glade, alone. That was Alby", I sigh.

"I mean, it can't have been easy. But when those other boys started coming up, one after the other, he saw the truth. And he learned that the most important thing is that we all have each other. Because we're all in this together", Newt sighs, before Thomas stands up and starts helping them.

I smile, watching them.

"Yeah. There you go, Greenie."

I notice clouds rolling in, making me look up at the sky.

"What the hell", I say, standing up.

Thunder starts to rumble, making my eyes widen.

We all rush back to the homestead, hiding underneath it.

"Rain? How? Why", I mutter.

"They should be back by now. What happens if they don't make it", Thomas sighs.

"They're gonna make it", Newt says.

"What happens if they don't", Thomas sighs, walking over to Newt.

"They're gonna make it", Newt repeats looking at Thomas.

I wanna believe they're gonna make it.... but I don't know...