~~4~~

LAST SHOT

The car was moving at it's top speed. Arnav's hands were gripping the steering wheel too tightly that his knuckles had turned white. His jaw was clenched and Khushi could see his tightened muscles. His eyes were blood shot red with anger and fury. Since they have left the party venue, none of them had utter a single word. Horrible silence had engulfed the car and Khushi was feeling extremely suffocated with it.

Peeping at his face from the corner of her eyes, she saw his angry avatar. Arnav's eyes were fixed at the road ahead. It was clearly visible from his face that how much he was trying to control himself from lashing out on Khushi.

Gulping the lump in her throat, Khushi took a deep breath trying to calm down her thudding heart. She was feeling extremely afraid in starting a conversation with him.

What was the need of going overboard Khushi?

Who told you to get all excited seeing Adi??

You are completely aware of his possessiveness for you,even than you...

A voice came from inside her making her more guilty if possible.

"Arnav.." Khushi called softly looking at his face.

In response, his hold on the steering wheel tightened even more that khushi felt it would break any second. The creases on his forehead deepened.

"Arnav please talk to me. Don't sit quietly like this." Khushi pleaded. Her voice was wet. A lone tear escaped her eye slipping down her cheek.

"Arnav please,don't do this. Don't ignore me like this. Please look at me at least." Khushi tried once again but her effort went vain.

"Ar...Arn..Arnav..." Khushi choked. A mesh of tears impeded in her throat making it difficult for her to speak.

"Ar---"

"SHUTUP KHUSHI!! MEIN IS WAQT TMHRY KOI BAKWAAS NHI SUNNA CHATA.( I DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR JARGONAL RIGHT NOW). LET ME DRIVE PEACEFULLY OTHERWISE I SWEAR I WILL HIT THIS CAR SOMEWHERE." Arnav roared making khushi flinch back.

His eyes were red. A thin layer of wetness could be seen in them. An angry tear slipped down his cheek. Khushi felt her heart sinking at the sight infront of her. This time the guilt, the abashment was even more.

But after that, she didn't try to speak again. The rest of the ride was completely silent. Where one soul was burning in regret and shame and other soul was set on fire with anger, hurt and jealousy.

************

The door flung open and Arnav stepped inside the room with an ashamed Khushi trailing behind. Unbuttoning his coat, he discarded it on the recliner before removing the waist coat aswell. All the while, Khushi kept standing by the door bitting her lips in nervousness. She was fidgetting with her fingers trying her level best to to slow down her racing heart.

Removing the tie around his neck, Arnav started moving towards the washroom. That's when he felt a weight on his back and two arms wrapped around his torso. Arnav stiffened immidiately. He didn't need a rocket science to comprehend what was happening.

 He didn't need a rocket science to comprehend what was happening