~~18~~

A low groan escaped Khushi's mouth as she straightened in the bed uncomfortably, wounding an arm around her belly protectively. Heaving a long sigh, she opened her eyes but immediately shut them back as the sunlight peeking through the curtains bleared them. Grunting irritatingly, she covered her face with her arm and with the other hand, tried to pull the quilt over her body. Her brows frowned in confusion as she failed to do so. It felt like there was a heavy weight on top of her blanket.

Twitching and twisting her mouth in annoyance, Khushi placed a hand over her tummy and slowly turned towards her left, relaxing her body trying her best to get some more sleep. Few moments later, she felt a wierd feeling. She opened her eyes only to widened them in shock as she saw Arnav lying on the bed beside her, sleeping.

"What....the....!?" Words rolled out of her tongue.

"Is he for real? Has he come back?" Khushi muttered, looking at the figure lying on the bed. Her eyes were fluttering in slow motion and mouth was opening and closing like a gold-fish, trying to form some coherent words.

Shock would be an understatement for what she was feeling at that moment. Disbelief was all, which had enveloped her. And why it shouldn't? Just last night, she had talked--err--fought with him, like she was doing from the last few days and Arnav hadn't said a word about him coming back. He didn't even give the slightest of clue that he was returning to India. How in the hell it was even possible??

"No Khushi! He isn't here. This is not Arnav. This is just another stupid dream of yours. Once again, you are imagining him near you. Just like yesterday, you imagined him sitting in the lounge kissing you and two days back, you imagined him in the washroom showering together with you. And last week, you illude him dancing on a romantic song with yourself, going all cozy. And that day also, you hallucinate him undressing yourself. Khushi, this is an illusion. Yes! This is it! Hey Devi Maiya! When will I get rid of such horny dreams?" Khushi blabbered, whining like a child.

"Stop daydreaming about him Khushi. Your laad-governor isn't here. The more you will think about him, the most you will get hurt. And more over, that selfish moron doesn't even care about you. He must be enjoying with those cudail models of AR. Obviously, why would he even remember a fat elephant like you when he must have so many thin, sleek gorgeous but ugly models around him?" She sulked, sticking her lower lip out. Angry tears rolled out of the side of her eyes.

Wounding her arm around her belly, she patted it softly. "See na baby, your papa doesn't care about us. He doesn't love your mumma anymore. You have seen na, how he always fights and say nonsense things to me when we are talking on phone!? He has also started misbehaving with me. Laad-governor! Let him come back. I am going to kick his butt while wearing my sandals and scratch his whole face with my sharp nails so that he will become ugly and no other woman would look at him." Khushi said through gritted teeth with her eyes still closed and moved her hands in air aggressively.

But, the next moment her heart flipped in chest as she felt her hand caught in a soft and warm grasp. Her eyes opened immidiately. A loud gasp left her mouth as she saw the scene infront of her. It was Arnav. No doubt in that! He was indeed lying beside her on the bed and her hand was in his hold, tucked under his head. Like always!!

"What the-!?" Khushi sat up on the bed with a startle. Her astounded eyes were fixed on her husband, who was sleeping like a log. Even her loud shriek didn't wake him up.

Khushi felt her heart beat racing up. This time a little more pacely! Her eyes were raking up and down his body restlessly, trying to believe on what she was seeing. Her hands had turned cold with excitement and anticipation. She couldn't decipher her own feelings. Nervousness, beatitude, disbelief, excitement.