~~6~~

New cover by mahi016

The door creaked open and khushi stepped out of the washroom closing it behind her. She was dressed in her blue night wear looking beautiful even in her simplest form.

Drying her hair and face with the towel, she looked around the room to find it vacant.

"Uh, where is Arnav??" She frowned.

Hanging the towel on the nightstand, she moved further in the room towards the French windows. Peeking outside, she found her husband lying on the recliner near the pool. His arms were folded on his chest while his head was resting back. He was looking lost in his thoughts.

"Laad-governor, trying to act like a wrestler. Lying in the open air without any blanket." Khushi quipped angrily as she walked towards the bed and picked up the blanket from it.

She walked in the pool-side with the quilt in her hands. Reaching near the recliner, she saw Arnav's eyes closed. Shaking her head at his carelessness, she opened the blanket and covered his body with it completely trying to provide him with the much needed warmth.

Arnav's eyes snapped open.

"It was cold here and you were lying without a blanket so I bring it for you." Khush informed.

Arnav nodded his head passing a small smile.

Turning around, just when khushi was about to walk back, she felt her hand in his grip and was pulled back to him.

"Come here." Arnav spoke gesturing towards himself.

Removing the blanket from his body, he opened his legs a little to accommodate her body. A small smile grazed khushi's lips as she moved and settled comfortably on top of his body.

Her small frame was resting on his waist relaxingly while her legs were placed between his. Covering both of them with the blanket, Arnav wrapped his arms around her burying his face in the crook of her neck breathing her in her sweet Jasmine scent.

There was complete silence around them. None of them spoke a word and that was making khushi restless. She knew that something was wrong with him. He was all quiet since last two days. First she thought that it was something related to his health but was proved wrong later on.

It was something else that was bothering him and now she wanted to talk about it.

"Arnav" Khushi called him softly placing her hands above his on her waist.

In response, he just hummed in her neck.

"What happened??" She asked.

"Uhhun... nothing." He mumbled.

"Arnav, don't try to hide things from me love. You know na that I know you better than you know yourself. I know that something is wrong with you, something is disturbing you. Tell me Askim (darling) what it is?" She inquired trying to get him.

"I am sorry." Arnav said tightening his hold around her.

Khushi's brows knitted in confusion hearing his sudden apology.

"Sorry??? But for what??"

"For acting like a jerk on the night of the party." Arnav spoke.

Khush released a breath.

"No need to apologise Ask (love), I understand your feelings but why are you bringing it up again??"

"Aditya came to my office the other day." Arnav informed making khushi gasped loudly.

Turning in his arms, she looked at him with wide eyes.

"He did??" She tried to confirm.

Arnav chukled seeing her horrified face.

"Don't worry sayin (dear), I didn't punch him as to what you are thinking??" Arnav said smiling lightly.

"Than what you did??" Khushi inquired.

"Nothing!! We talked." Arnav said turning her around again trying to nuzzle her neck but she refused to move wanting to look at his face.

"About what??"

"About you"

"What about me???" Khushi narrowed her eyes at him.

Sighing loudly, Arnav stubbornly turned her around dipping his face in her neck. Placing a kiss on her shoulder, he let his nose linger over there for a little longer taking her in unique fragrance.

"He told me everything from the beginning. About the friendship you guys had, how close you were to each other, how he thinks and treat you like his own sister and moreover that whatever he did on the night at part was to infuriat me because he had immidiately recognized me as a jealous and Possessive husbsnd." Arnav told.

Khushi realesed a breath which she was holding unknowingly.

"Is it because you were all quiet and aloof since two days??" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe yes...maybe no. I just couldn't get in myself to look in your eyes Bal (honey), I was so much ashamed of my behavior the other night. I shouldn't have accused you khushi nor should I have thrown the insults towards you. You are my wife dammit, I should have trust you but I, acting like a complete jerk did opposite. I am so sorry khushi, please forgive." Arnav spoke in a voice which was dripping with coyness.

Khushi felt her heart fluttering with overwhelmess and happiness. Oh how lucky she was to have a husband like Arnav who love and respect her to no bounds. Mostly, husbands don't accept their mistakes very easily, apologizing was a far away thing but Arnav not only realized his fault but he was repenting it badly aswell.

Khushi felt herself falling in love with him all over again. Turning around completely in his arms, lying on her stomach now, she wrapped her arms around his neck and placed a kiss on his jawline and chin.

"I am not angry with you Arnav, not anymore. True I was hurt and disappointed with your behavior but understanding your point-of-view, I had forgive that night itself. Mistake was mine aswell. I should have introduced you to Adi completely before walking away with him. That's why save your apologies, I don't need them." She winked at him in the last.

Atnav chuckled gathering her in his embrace and kissing her forhead lovingly. He then kissed her eyes, her cute button nose, her rossy cheeks, her ascent chin and finally her pink plump lips.

Khushi too kissed him back with all her love. Both of them pouring all their feelings in that one kiss for each other.

" Seni seviyorum (I love you) khushi." Arnav husked in her ear once they pulled back from the kiss.

"Bende seni cok seviyorum (I love you too)" She replied back in a low voice.

Kissing her forhead once again, Arnav placed her head on his chest wrapping his arms around her frame. Oh how much lucky he was to have this selfless girl as his wife. She knew him inside out. She was happy with his happiness and she was sad when he was too. She was his 'home'. The one where he could come and pour out his heart without getting afraid of being judged.

Glancing at the sky, he sent a quick thank you to his mother for sending this Angel in his life.

Peacefully, he closed his eyes letting sleep took over him.

***************

Thats it!!

Hope you guys like it 😊

Don't forget to vote and comment for more!!

You can surely send me your ideas on what you want to read more in this story. I will try my level best to pen it down.