~~10~~

The night sky stood as an inky canopy of darkness, freckled by few shining stars. The occasional hoot of a hidden owl and the particular tir-tir is a cricket were the only sounds to permeate the silence.

Outside in the middle of darkness, the evening had over few hours back. The dark blackness had started fading as the moon had arrived.

Amidst all this, inside the wide gray-white room, Arnav was lying on the bed drowned in his deep slumber. The left side of the bed was empty, indicating khushi's absence.

As if sensing it, Arnav stirred in his sleep and moved his hand towards her side wanting to hold his wife's hand but to his suprise, his hand wandered in the empty space as she wasn't present there.

His eyes opened on their own accord and he sat up on the bed with a jerk. Looking around the room, he tried to locate her but failed. His eyes landed on the wall clock which was showing 4:30AM.

"Khushi kahan hai? ( Where is Khushi??)" He muttered to himself, as his heart beat fastened with some unknown fear. Her disappearance from his eyes, even for a second was enough to choke him to death. He couldn't deal without her, he couldn't breathe without her, heck--he couldn't live without her.

Throwing away the duvet from his body, he was about to get up from the bed when the bathroom door open and Khushi appeared infront of his eyes, coughing slightly.

"Khushi, there you are!!" Arnav felt his heart at relief. His heart beat becoming normal again.

"What happened love? You okay?"He looked at her with furrowning brows.

"I guess the pasta we had in dinner last night, hasn't set well with my stomach. I think i am having food poisioning." Khushi spoke grumply. "I just had a throw up and my stomach is not feeling good as well."

"Oh dear!"Arnav exclaimed, his voice filled with concern. "No worries, we can go the the doctor."

Arnav said as he stood up from the bed and came near her, holding her hands in his.

"No no i will take the medicine and it will be fine." Khushi interupted.

"No darling i want you to be fine and healthy and i won't take this non serious attitude of your's towards your health." Arnav shook his head.

"Arnav but its just--"

"Sshh!!" Arnav put his finger on her lips."We are going tomorrow and no more arguments on this, got it??"He asked in a firm tone.

"Ok!" Khushi nodded her head, smiling softly. Her fluttered with love for her husband, seeing his concern on just a small pain of her's.

" Comeon now, let's sleep."

Bending down, he picked her up in his arms, bridal-style and went towards their bed

Bending down, he picked her up in his arms, bridal-style and went towards their bed. Placing her on it softly, he settled himself beside her and pulled her small, soft body in his arms. Covering themselves with the quilt, he placed a kiss on her head and wound his arms around her waist. Khushi too wrapped her arms around his torso and buried her face in his chest. Few moments later, both of them were again drowned in sleep.