9

NORMANI

I straddle Lauren's waist and trace over her lips while she lays on her back. She smiles and drags her attention away from the TV, lacing one of her hands with my unoccupied one.

"You gonna fuck me on this couch?"

I giggle and playfully smack her, "Not with toddlers around."

She smirks, "If you were really bout that life, you'd send them to their rooms."

I shrug jokingly, "Well, I guess I'm not."

Sourpuss," She laughs.

I grin and lean down, French kissing her. She moans into the kiss and grinds up into me.

"Oui baby," She says.

"Mmh," I give her another kiss then sit up.

A toy goes flying across the room, hitting the wall and I look at a nervous Eli and a sad Amaiyah. I get off Lauren and go over to them, squatting down. Amaiyah immediately gets up and wraps her arms around my neck, her lip trembling. I hold her to me and move my eyes to Eli.

"Elijah what d-"

"Mommy it-"

"Elijah, what happened?" I ask.

He sucks his teeth, "She wanted to play so my dinosaur took her stupid barbie's arm out and she threw my dino!"

I stand up with Amaiyah still in my arms, "Good, you need to stop breaking her shit! Go stand in the corner and be quiet!"

He stomps his feet and starts whining, "But that's not fair-"

"Go Elijah."

He kicks the toys while stomping to the corner and I grab his shirt, "Clean it up and don't bother playing with it till I say so, since you wanna kick shit."

He starts crying while putting them back and once he's done I stop him again, "Say you're sorry, like you mean it."

He wipes his nose, "I'm sorry I broke your doll again."

"Now go in the corner," I say.

He goes with his head down and I go back over to Lauren. I lay between her legs with my back to her chest, slowly rubbing Amaiyah's back.

I kiss her cheek, "I'm gonna tell grandma to get you another doll later."

She nods and rests her head on mine, Lauren takes her hand and holds it while sighing.

{A/N: Hopefully the translations are right.}

"Papi ¿qué estás haciendo?"
(What are you doing?)

"Mamá, te dije que lo siento," He cries while rubbing his eyes.
(Mamá, I said I'm sorry)

"Eli, detener intencionalmente no escuchar!"
(Eli, stop purposely not listening)

She pinches the bridge of her nose and takes a breath, "Bebé sólo inténtalo, siempre haces llorar a tu hermana."
(Baby just try, you always make your sister cry)

He nods and slows down the crying, "Bien mamá."

"Fifteen minutes, facing the wall," She says.

He slowly turns around and leans his head on the wall while sighing. All this kid drama, fuck it, I need a nap.

"He has your stubbornness down packed," She whispers.

"And that's good, hater. Not good against me but, good nonetheless," I say.