51

NORMANI

It's been 3 weeks since Raelynn was born and everything has been smooth. She's not a crier and lets other people, besides me, hold her. I finish breastfeeding her and drape the receiving blanket over my shoulder. I bring her up to blanket and burp her. I use one of the corners of the blanket to wipe the spit up from her mouth and lay back on the bed.

Needing something to watch, I flip through the channels. Rocko's Modern Life comes on, so leave the channel here. Still a classic. I lay on my back dressed in basketball shorts and one of Lauren's T-shirts. Speaking of, she's staying a few nights a week to help keep a balance with the twins and Raelynn's needs, and allow me to also have time for myself. It's kinda beating my ass, not gonna lie. So, having those few days help a lot. And no Lauren does not live here and hasn't been since we initially broke up. Yes we're good, yes we are still married, and yes we have been working towards getting back together but, I meant it when I said it's not gonna be official until she completely stops dealing for Luke. If we both want it to work it's gonna have to pan out with what we came to terms with. Until then we're gonna keep at least a little boundaries so neither of us get too comfortable. Or jump to conclusions, like I tend to do sometimes. Especially since I want to now cause she ain't been here the last 3 days that she should've been and she has yet to tell me why.

I hold on to Raelynn's hand with my thumb and pointer finger while watching the tv

I hold on to Raelynn's hand with my thumb and pointer finger while watching the tv. Her hand wraps around my finger and it makes my heart melt.

My phone vibrating, breaks the moment and see it's Lauren when I check it.

Bbymma 🤬💘: I'm on my wayyyy 🏃🏻‍♀️

Me: 😕

Bbymma 🤬💘: 🤨 why the face

Me: ....

Bbymma 🤬💘: Oooook. See ya soon

I put my phone down and roll my eyes, looking back at the tv. I feel Raelynn's head move around which causes me to look down at her.

She briefly tries to lift her head and manages to get it a couple inches off my chest.

"Let's do some tummy time," I say in a baby voice.

I sit up and lay the receiving blanket on the bed, I lay her on it, on her stomach and move off the bed so I can be eye level to her. She squirms around while trying to lift her head up, each time being a little longer.

"Yes baby!" I softly clap.

Amaiyah comes, skipping into the room, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!"

She comes to me and wraps her arms around my neck, I wrap my arm around her and sit her on my lap.

"Hi," She says.

I kiss her cheek, "Hi sweetie."

She leans forward and rubs Raelynn's back in circles. Raelynn lifts her head and turns her attention to Amaiyah. She kicks her legs around, trying to crawl towards her and almost rolls onto her back.