Chapter 26

When I wake up, my head is still fuzzy from all the crying. I look around and, honestly - and I know I use that word a lot, - I can't explain how relieved I am not to have a boy in my room. I don't even want to leave the room because I can smell that they're still here - along with I'll-let-you-walk-around-naked Ian. Seriously, he should have said something....which reminds me, I owe him a slap upside the head for that. Because Derreck would be expecting it if here weren't in...wait a minute! He gets out today!

I jump out of bed from the excitement of seeing him for the first time in about a month and hurry to take a shower. After I'm done, I quickly run back into my room smelling Mel's delicious cooking for the split second it takes my door to close. I throw on a pair of bright green nike shorts and a neon pink running shirt with an orange sports bra underneath - I want to take a jog after breakfast. I decide to pull out my favorite light yellow summer dress and a pair of silver gladiator sandals, placing them carefully on my bed for when I change.

As I walk down the stairs and to the kitchen I hear a small commotion, I sigh. Please let them be talking animatedly about how awesome Mel's cooking is! I finally make it in the room and see they're not in the normal eating spot. Backtracking I walk into the dining area - which we haven't used at all since I've been here.

"Hello, Bekah!" Mel greets me with a smile. "Just finished breakfast and now I'm going to bed. Literally got here thirty minutes ago and the boys had burnt...well, I don't even know if that'd been actual food. Now I'm going to bed. Today's my day off and I have an early shift tomorrow - start at seven in the morning. The wonderful life of the single mom nurse now with four mouths to feed and the occasional extras. Where's Jase?"

"Oh, he stayed over at Rhys'! Something about guy talk or whatever's" I shrug, scared at how easy I can lie to this amazing woman.

"Okay, well, once everything is done make the boys clean." She says, both of us chuckling because she always makes the guys in the house clean, before whispering. "Honestly, Hun, if you don't date one of these guys I'm going to have to punish you. Have you noticed - and I definitely sound like a cougar right now but accept it -just how hot these guys are? Other than Ian and Jase, I mean."

I laugh and nod as she yawns, walking to her room before yelling out, "Don't make me need to use the big table too often! It's too much food for your giant appetites!" After a few moments I hear her door slam and the lock turning.

"Look at what I found lurking around outside!" Raif says, coming in the front door as he drags in some poor unfortunate soul.

"Seriously Raif?!" Colin sighs and shakes his head. "Leave the kid alone! He was probably just trying to sneak a peak of you naked."

I chuckle at Colin's comment, earning a glare from both Raif and...Xander? I quickly rush over and pry Raif's hand off of him, pulling him over to the table. I gently make him take my seat and make him a plate - he looks traumatized.

"Who are all these guys?" Xander whispers, leaning closer to me and away from them.

"Oh, they're part of Jase's family. Ian is from Mel's side and the twins are on his dad's side." I say, patting him on the shoulder as I push the plate closer to him - basically telling him to shut his trap and eat.

"I-I thought Dean's dad was out of the picture." Xander say with uncertainty clear in his nervous voice.

I start loading food onto my plate and smile at over him. "Does that mean he can't see his cousins?"

"Oh, no...I-I'm just tired. It's early, for a...day?" He says, making a face that says did-I-seriously-just-say-something-that-dumb.

"Yes you did." I say, slapping my hand to my mouth when I realize I said it out loud. "I don't have a filter when I wake up! So...why are you here, Xander?"

"Huh?" He says, looking completely lost before something flashes in his eyes. "Oh, right! Dean and Rhysler missed practice this morning and Coach sent me to drag them out to the school. I think he's gonna make them pay by having a private practice where they basically do grunt work."

Raif chuckles to himself. "Heh, grunt work."

"Shut it, Raif!" I say, not even bothering to glance at him - how is it possible that I've already gotten used to them?

I don't even want to have to know them! Or do I? As Mel said, they're hot....okay, stop that right there Bekah! You don't like them, even though you had a very heart-felt moment with the slightly less annoying one! They are cruel guys who murdered their own pack to work for someone as terrible as Fenris! You do not care that their eyes are melt-worthy!

I blink a few times and shake my head to get rid of my inner rant. "They aren't here."

"Oh, well, after I eat I'll go." He says, taking a slow bite. "Unless someone here wants to turn me."

I spit out the piece of sausage I was eating, which flies through the air and lands squarely on Raif's forehead. I can't even laugh at how ridiculous he looked because I can't get over what just happened.

"What?!" I'm pretty sure the octave my voice just hit could be heard by wild monkeys all the way in Africa.

"You heard me." He says smugly, scooping more food into his mouth as the guys just stare at him like he sang Love Is An Open Door backwards fifty times. "I heard tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb talking about options on how to work out pack business and other weird shit like that. Also, talking about how Jase is a bitten and they wonder how many others there may be in this town. So, if you want me to keep your secret without another murder case popping up, you'll bite me."

"Xander! You have no idea what this would mean. Seriously! There are hunters out there, a crazy beast killing people, and another pack who's trying to...move in I guess." I say, still not really sure what they want with Derreck.

"All the more reason! I need to protect myself from all the crazy that happens in this stupid town. Plus, you're all crazy strong and fast and that's help my game - I knew Dean had to have done something to get so good so fast." He says, shoveling more food into his mouth.

"Honestly?!" I hiss the words. "I don't have time for this! Boys, you deal with Starky there and I'll go change. I'm not getting my run today and I have to go pick up Derreck. He left me a message last night to go get him at 11:30 and it's...shit, it's 10:46! Gotta go, Bye.!"

I run as fast as I can up the stairs and to my room. Slamming the lock into place, I've had enough moments when either Jase or Rhys forgot to knock while I was changing to not do that. In a flurry of arms, legs, and elbows I manage to change quickly into the sundress and sandals. I rush to the bathroom, ramming into the door when I forget to unlock it in my haste, and brush my teeth before running outside.

Looking around for my car, I send a string of cursed into the air and go back inside.

"Colin take me to the hospital!" I demand in a glum voice and stalk outside.

I hear laughter as he walks out to me and unlocks the doors. "Hey, just to let you know, I'd have come anyway."

I glare and roll my eyes at him before hoping in. "Shut up and drive."