Chapter 41

Once the movie's done the guys start to pack up their stuff and head home. I'm still living with Mel and Jase right now, but I want to help clean up a bit. I look over and see Jase is helping out too - it's kinda funny because he's like out unofficial Beta around here.

"Hey, I'm gonna run up to the toilet. Be right back!" Jase says, running upstairs and out of sight.

"He's a good kid." Derreck says softly from right behind me, pecking me on the cheek before resuming his cleaning efforts.

Times like these - when it's just us two in the room - are the hardest to keep my wolf under control. Glancing over at him through my veil of hair I watch as he bends down to pick up a few plates and cups, all plastic of course, the guys dropped. I bit my lip as I take in the alluring stretch of his jeans over his firm butt. All I want to do is push him to the ground and do what mates should. That fluttering sensation in my gut picks up and I turn away quickly before he can sense my arousal.

I furiously curse myself for almost giving in to the temptation of what my wolf and body want. I mean, of course we want him, he's our mate for crying out loud! With that firm chest, toned arms and legs, and that perfectly formed a...I shake my head to clear my thoughts and try to focus on the fact that Jasynn's still here and following my thoughts would traumatize the poor boy.

Taking a deep breath I look at the ground, noticing for the first time that everything's cleaned up already. How did I miss that?

My thoughts are quickly interrupted when two thick arms wrap around my stomach. Immediately my thoughts are back to that place I was just a moment ago as a new warmth spreads throughout my body. I sigh and lean back into Derreck's hard chest, settling my head just under his chin.

"Hey, mate." He says with a chuckle before kissing the top of my head.

My stomach twists a bit at the contact and deep time in his voice. "Hey."

He lifts his head as sniffs at the air before groaning loudly, subconsciously pulling me closer to him and lowering his head into the crook of my neck. His lips brush against the smooth skin before leaving a trail of tantalizing kisses. I tilt my head a little to give him better access, earning a low moan as he burrows his head further into my neck.

Lifting a hand I reach back and brush my fingers through the thick hair atop his head - the dark locks satisfyingly smooth to the touch. When he nips lightly at my neck I clutch tightly to the hairs dancing between my fingers, letting out a soft moan of pleasure. As he leaves thousands of wet kisses along my neck I feel his canines start to break through, grazing across the sensitive skin. They beg to mark me as his.

I start to squirm in his grasp and the next thing I know I'm pinned to the wall, facing him. His eyes darken as lust fills the air, permeating the room in his intoxicating scent. A scent that threatens to drown me in its wonderful aroma. I pull him roughly to me, our lips meeting in a ferocious battle of dominance - neither one of us willing to go down without a decent fight. I quickly loose that battle when he presses his hips into me, showing me just how far he's ready to take this.

I honestly forget every reason not to go ahead and finish what we've started so many times as I pull him closer to me, making sure to let him sense how much my body needs him.

"I love you, Beks." He says huskily as he trails a row of hot kisses across my jaw and down my neck, grazing his teeth along the sensitive skin yet again - only turning me on even more.

"Shut up and kiss me." I pant, grabbing his face and pulling his lips back to mine before biting his lower lip playfully.

He chuckles as he rotates us around, heading for the couch.

Suddenly the sound of a door slamming and feet pattering across the floor upstairs breaks though the lust filled fog, bringing us back to reality - all before we got to the good part. Derreck jumps to his feet and fixed his clothes before pulling me up off the couch. All I can do is stand there as he fixes my outfit and turns to throw the last bit of garbage away.

When he disappears by the wastebasket I quickly start to think of things that will rid my naughty thoughts. For one, I think of Paul wearing one of Audrey's outfits - a denim mini skirt and one of those sparkly black loose fit, boat neck shirts - and it quickly ruins my mood. Also, affectively puts a smile on my face - I need to make a bet with Paul so I can see that for real!

"Hey guys!" Jase greats once he bounces off the last stair, trying to look like the happy-go-lucky guy he usually is...but something's still off about him tonight.

"Hey, you almost ready to head home?" I ask, nervous that if I look at Derreck all those feelings I just got rid of will come rushing back like an avenging typhoon.

"Yup, I'm ready! And it looks like you guys have already cleaned kip everything down here - man, y'all work fast!" Jase says, smiling widely - unfortunately that smile doesn't reach his eyes.

You have no idea, my wolf answers smugly.

"Yup. Get a good night's sleep you two - tomorrow's a long day." Derreck says, a slight double meaning in his words that lets me know he's not completely recovered from our moment.

I smile up at him and give him a quick kiss before joining Jase in the elevator. "So, did you have fun tonight?"

"Yeah," he answers as the doors shut.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I ask, facing him with a raised eyebrow.

For the longest time, he doesn't say anything. I wait quietly, patiently as the lift slowly descends to the ground floor with little dings clicking down the time. I eventually give up on receiving an answer.

"Anna told me that she's a hunter." He says as the doors open, quickly walking ahead toward where he parked his car - mine's at the house already.

I follow him quietly, making sure not to say anything so I won't upset him. Wow, she's braver than I thought. I get in on the passenger side after he unlocks the car doors and stay quite as he drives us home.

"I have something to ask you." Jase says about halfway there.

"Um, okay." I say nervously, hoping he doesn't ask if she's the one who shot me.

"What do normal wolves do when they find their mate?" His question takes me by surprise.

Blinking a few times, I try to figure out where this might have come from. But I honestly got nothin.

"Well, usually they mark each other, mate, move into their own home, and start a family. Why?" I ask, hoping he doesn't ask why I can't do that with Derreck.

"Well, um...this is hard." He says, scratching his neck.

"It's okay, you can't tell me anything. Is it about Derreck and me? Xander and Audrey?" I ask, watching him as he eyes the road.

He glances at me for a second before focusing on the road again, gulping loudly. "Well, I just found out that Anna's my mate."