》Chapter 4《 [EDITED]

Cuphead POV

The bird nurse stopped us and told us that she had bad news. I was curious because Brittney seemed fine now, what could be bad.

"I want to talk to you", she told me. I walked with her and then took a quick glance and Brittney and mugs before we left.

She took me to another room and closed the door. I was starting to get a little nervous because if she wanted to talk to me alone and in another room then it had to be serious.

"When you left her here we were cleaning the blood and we checked her clothes with the stained blood and her DNA says that...", she paused, "she's diagnosed with the disease called Hanahaki...there's only one cure but none of us here at the hospital know what it is... I'm sorry... you'll have to tell her sooner or later or she might panic".

I just stared at the ground wied eyed. Brittney...has the hanahaki disease...but how could that be? She's not a cartoon she's from I think she said "human world". It didn't make sense. I said nothing to the nurse I left the room and told mugs and Brittney to let's go. We got outside and I hugged her like I'm holding on for dear life.

"Cups are you ok?" She asked.

I still said nothing. I let go and continued walking. I still can't believe it. They both caught up with me and mugs put his hand on my shoulder. I turned around with a sad expression.

"Bro are alright?", He asked.

"No...", was all I said.

"Well what's wrong?", He asked again.

"I'll tell you both later, no more questions...", I managed to say, holding back my tears.

From there on we all just kept walking.

Timeskip

Cupheads POV

It was getting late so we went to a motel. We got separate rooms, Brittney has her own and me and mugs share one. I still couldn't tell her but mugs and Brittney kept bugging me about it. It brakes my heart to probably see her die someday. Bendy and Boris have to fix the ink machine to save everyone from the ink illness including bendy. But we have to kill them, what are we gonna do?

Knock knock knock

"Who is it?", I yelled

"It's brittney, can I come in?", She asked

"Yeah sure", I said and she walked through the door.

"Hey could you tell me what the nurse told you now?" She asked.

I nodded and called mugs over. I'm still a little nervous about telling her. What will she think?

"Ok so the nurse said something about you Brittney and she said...", I paused and took a deep breath " you have...the hanahaki disease..." I said

She just looked at me in disbelief, I knew how she felt.

"What?!", Mugs said

"T-that doesn't m-make sense I-Im not a c-cartoon!", She said lowering her ears starting to cry

I pulled her into a hug and she cried into my shirt. Mug joined the hug looking sad.

"Shhh it's ok we'll figure this out", I said rubbing her back.

"W-what if I d-die?! 17 y-years isn't l-long enough!", she said.

"Don't talk like that! I swear we'll find a way out of this", I said.

She smiled a little and hugged me tighter. Mugs smiled a little and hugged us both. We were going to go out to eat but then all of a sudden...

{589 WORDS}