Three

Braden found her way to the orphanage just a quater past five. She looked up at the building from the sidewalk where she couldn't be seen from inside.

     She remembered back to when she had first seen it and arrived here. Braden was an excited little ten year old, even after what she'd been through.

     Ten year old Braden thought she was going to stay there for a while, make friends, and then move to a new home with new loving parents.

     But that never did happen.

     Future parents who came every few months, only wanted young children. Ten years old was considered old for them. Everytime couples came, Braden would stare at them with hope. But they always had their eyes on someone younger than her.

     The girl's weren't friendly to her either. Just like they would to any other new orphan, they took everything out on Braden.

     Except for Hellen, from her first day there, they became instant friends. They didn't get in the right and at first, but they worked it out. 

     The first day at the orphanage, Hellen planned a prank on Braden, but the plan backfired. Braden ignored the fact that it was mean for her to get soaked in soy milk and instead laughed at Hellen.

     Soon enough Hellen joined in and that's how a ten year old and an eleven year old became friends.

     Braden couldn't help but think back to Esmeralda, for ten year olds they were not afraid of anything. They always dared themselves the most outragious things. Braden trusted Esmeralda with everything. 

     But she never did tell Esmeralda what was going on at home, she was to afraid of her reaction.

     Braden didn't want to tell Esmeralda that her step mother intenionaly hurt herself every day. Or that her dad seemed to always be in her step sisters room hurting her in ways she did not know. Or that Braden was actually the only one who was okay.

     What would Esmeralda think of her? 

     Everytime that Esmeralda pleaded for Braden to tell her, she changed the subject by daring her to do something. 

     The last day she asked, Braden dared her to run all around the neighborhood, and their neighborhood was quite large. Esmeralda ran off with a determined look. Braden was left outside Esmeralda's porch. 

     It wasn't until five minutes later that she saw red and blue lights heading her home, it was the day her whole life changed.

     Her step mother hit too many veins.

     Her step sister went insane out of anger and sadness. She tried to kill Braden's dad.

     Braden's dad killed her step sister from abuse, and then he hung himself out of guilt. 

     He thought he was all alone then. 

     Braden and her dad never did notice each other's presence.

Hey! 

So yeah, there's part of her past.

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Love ya!