Seventeen

The Next Day.

Braden had detention today. But not just today, tomorrow, and the day after that.

She didn't even know how many times she cursed at Mrs.Conner, not that it mattered. Braden didn't think anything big of it.

After she had collected herself yesterday at the bathroom, which took a few hours, she went to her few classes left. Making up an excuse of not feeling well, the reason as to why she had been late.

It seemed as if every student in Joxel High knew that she had been crying.

If they did, Braden wouldn't be surprised. For such a small town, every one sure did like to talk.

Maybe it was because there was just nothing new in town most of the time, so they decide to get into people's business and make up stuff to please themselves.

It's ridiculous.

Braden make up had been ruined from all of the crying and the tears, therefore she decided that she didn't have a choice but to take it all off.

Now everyone could see the bruises on her face.

Braden shrugged at it, it wasn't as if they didn't know before.

"What happened there?"

Braden looked over to a petite girl with glasses. Braden looked to where the girl was staring at.

When she laid eyes on her bloody knuckles, Braden frowned. She had cleaned up the blood before, but somehow, it was still bleeding.

Braden didn't know what to say. So she just shrugged.

The girl sighed. "Yeah, I heard you don't talk much. Maybe we should go get it cleaned up." The girl suggested.

Braden started to wonder if this girl was knew, no one had ever talked to Braden. But taking a good look at the girl, she knew wasn't new.

Braden looked down at her knuckes. Braden had so much to say, but always stayed silent. People thought she didn't talk a lot, but it was only because no ever talked to her in the first place.

"No one ever talks to me. So why are you? Is it because you pity me?" Braden said.

The girl sighed. "No, I don't pity you. But I'm not heartless you know, it doesn't help to give advice. My advice is for you to go to the nurse right now."

Braden shook her head.

"Why not?" The girl asked and pushed up her glasses.

"I've already missed all my classes, I can't miss another one."

The girl looked surprised.

They didn't speak another word.

After the class had ended Braden decides to go check if the nurse was still there. She felt a presence beside her as she walked.

Braden looked over and saw the same petite girl with glasses. Braden didn't say anything.

The girl did. "My name's Judy."

Braden still didn't respond.

She knew she should have, but she didn't know what to say to that. The whole school already knew Braden's name, so there was no reason for her to introduce herself.

This was also realy rare for Braden. She was sure that this was a prank.

But Judy's face expression didn't show anything. She just looked and acted as if she hung with Braden on a daily basis.

When they turned the hall way. The nurse's office light was off.

Braden looked down at her bloody knuckles. There was nothing she could do about it.

Braden looked over to Judy. "Thanks anyways." She said.

"No problem, really."

*

:D what do you think? There's a new character! :D I had to, Nina's gone so yeah. But hopefully we'll see her in the future (Nina).

Okay, I got a question to ask you all. For the second book, I am going to write it as a normal story, one that isn't summarized and all. Is that fine? If it's not, oh well, I might do it like that anyways. So you know, it's more descriptive and longer.

Okay so I updated because I might update in a few days, like four or five. I'm going camping for about two and I'm trying to put everything into my laptop. Which sadly doesnt have internet, so Im going to have to type it all. And I have like fifteen stories on here that I have started, so it might take a lot longer. After that I will probably put everything in a flash drive (darn gotta buy one)

This wasnt great, but please vote and comment and share, wow, almost 700 reads! :o compare to books with over a million thats none but still! lol, sorry another long note.

:D bye!