Eight

Today was the day when they came. Futute parents looking for someone who they would call their own child.

     When Braden stepped into the orphanage, it was sparkling clean, with nothing out of its place.

     And for the first time in months, Sir Locks was sober and all cleaned up well. He had his hair combed neatly to one side and he had a suit on, probably one that he had rented.

     Sir Locks placed a breath mint in his mouth and gave Braden a disgusted look. "

     Either get out and come back when they have left, or get your ass upstairs and make yourself look good."

     Braden ignored him and went upstairs. She wasn't going to be able to make herself look good with out looking like someone who doesn't respect themselves.

     She showered and got dressed into clothes that covered her body more than her other outfits.

     It wasn't her's, that's why she never wore it before. She had just found them in the locker room. But no one she knew was around to judge her for taking the clothes.

     She did her usual make up, she couldn't risk anyone seeing her bruises and questioning.

     While she got ready, she couldn't help but listen to what the other orphans said.

     "I really hope someone chooses me, I really want to get out of here."

     "If you're older than eleven, they're probably no choose you. They only go for the little ones."

     "But mostly everyone in here is older than eleven."

     "Everyone of us here is older than eleven."

     "I bet we're all going to end up like her."

     No surprise to Braden to regconize the voice.

     It was obviously Heather.

     It was known that Heather took everything out on people, but for some reason, it had always been Braden.

     From the day that Heather took a step into the orphanage, she said nothing but rude remarks to Braden.

     Even though there were at times where Heather's words did get to Braden, she always managed to keep her head held up high.

     Braden would like to know what it was that she did wrong to get this from Heather, but she didn't want to worry about it.

     So she didn't, she pushed it all away, and covering it with the fact that Heather does it just because she's also hurt on the inside.

     "Do you mean a slut?"

     "Gross, no."

     "We're going to be here for a long time, is all I mean."

*

Hi!

Vote, comment, share. :D

Check out my other stories too!

I think you'll like them.

:)

What you guys think of the chapter?