Thirteen

Braden walked from class to class, with a bright mood after the teachers had mentioned that school was almost over. Every teacher kept on reminding students to get ready for their final exams, but that didn't matter to Braden. She knew she was going to pass.

     In almost less than a month, Braden would be out of school, eighteen years old, and out of the hell hole orphanage.

     She would be free and on her own, she knew where she would go.

     She would go to Hellen.

     In a class right before lunch, she still couldn't help but over hear every one still buzzin on about Jillian and his disappearance. She had heard too many theories already, so she didn't botoher to over hear any more.

     The lunch bell rang and Bradren started to collect her things. She walked put the door and as soon as she did, someone caught a hold on her.

     Braden was surprised to find Esmeralda. Braden didn't say anything.

     Esmeralda looked around. "Do you think... Do you think we can talk somewhere."

     Braden was about to ask what they were going to talk about, but she didn't want to mess up this opportunity to talk go Esmeralda, like she did last time. All she did was nod her head.

     They began to walk to the direction of the girl's restroom. Once inside, Braden leaned against the counter while Esmeralda looked in each stall, checking if anyone was there. No one was there.

     Esmeralda looked towards Braden. "Is there by any chance that you've seen Jillian."

     Braden looked confused, but answered anyways by shaking her head.

     Esmeralda then stepped close to Braden. She lowered her voice. "Why are you in an orphanage?"

     Braden's eyes widened and she walked away from Esmeralda shaking her head.

     "Don't lie to me. I saw you go in there about a week ago!"

     "When?" Braden finally found her voice.

     Braden noticed that Esmeralda's mood seemed to shift as she slowly let her head down. "I saw you at the cemetery and I followed you after that."

     Braden didn't know she had a family member who passed. But then she remembered a few years ago how she used to talk about her grandma with cancer. "Did cancer beat her?"

     She shook her head. Esmeralda knew exactly what she was talking about. "No. She beat cancer's ass." She shrugged sadly. "Natural causes got her."

     Braden placed a hand on Esmeralda's shoulder as comfort and smiled small, because Braden honestly didn't know what to say.

     Esmeralda immediately looked up. Her eyes seemed to change as they now looked longing, a small sad smile spread as she pulled Braden into a tight hug. "Why didn't you ever tell me they passed?" Esmeralda suddenly asked, her voice cracking.

     Braden shrugged as she pulled away. "It wasn't going to change anything."

     "It would have. You wouldn't have ended alone."

     "I was going to end up alone anyways."

     For the rest of the lunch, they caught up on each other without even planning to. Every word seemed to just flow out of their mouth naturally, with no regrets and worries.

     Braden told her about everything, her family, the orphanage, and her love life that she hates.

*

ChickLit #275?! Then #164?! That's amazing! Thanks everyone for the support! I never thought I'd get this far. (seriously.)

I'd also like to know if you think this book is dragging on. Is it? I've been worried about that (reason I haven't updated)

Well you knoe (yolo) what to do.

Vote, comment, and shaaare daaa love!

Thank you everyone, so much!

(Btw, did I tell you guys that I wanna see Dracula REALLY badly??!)