Eighteen

When Braden got to the orphanage, Sir Locks was laying on the couch with a beer in hand watching a sport.

     She stopped in her tracks unsure of he had heard her or not. He probably hasn't, of he did, he wouldn't have wasted any time.

     She looked to the left of the couch and saw a couple of children just sitting on the floor with silent tears falling from their eyes.

     They had probably gotten in trouble by Sir Locks. With no other option than to sit there and wait until he decides its time for them to get out of his sight.

     Braden despises the cruel monster who dares to call himself a man and a human. He's a heartless bastard.

     Braden took of her heels and carried them as she went towards the stairs. She knew that if she kept them on, he could hear her. She was the only one in the orphanage to wear heels.

     She was almost completely up the stairs when she heard him stirring around. She skipped a step and made it.

     But when she looked down to where he was from the railing, she felt guilty as he grabbed a child by its hair.

     "Stop making a racket you useless thing."

     The little child happened to be Jack, seven year old boy who has probably felt the same amount of pain that Braden has and he's not even half way through his life.

     Braden couldn't let him get hurt because of her. She was going to have to face their fears for the both of them.

    Braden dropped her heels and went downstairs.

     "Let him go."

     She hated how weak and afraid her voice came out. Just like any other monster, Sir Locks will take advantage of it.

     Sir Locks smirked and violently threw Jack to the ground. The other little kid who still sat there, grabbed Jack and tried to comfort him.

     "Of course, so it was you who was making noice? What were you trying to get away with? Were you sneaking in someone? Of course you would."

     He laughed as if it was a joke.

     Braden couldn't believe his assumptions. She ignored it and instead told the couple of kids to go.

     But they didn't budge.

     "Go." She said audibly. The couple of kids looked at Sir Locks scared for their lives.

     "Get out of here!" Sir Locks suddenly yelled.

     It was now Braden and Sir Locks.

     Braden didn't know what drove her to stick up to Sir Locks. Other times when she saw younger orphans in a mess with him, she would take the blame.

     But maybe she was doing it now because she had less than a a month stuck here. Maybe she was finally having enough of his bull shit.

     Or maybe because she had already had a shitty day and he wasn't helping at all.

     "You know what, slut? You've been bad, really bad. It's time you learn a damn lesson."

     Sir Locks lunged himself at Braden. A yell came out of Braden's mouth as she fell to the floor.

     Sir Locks hadn't hesitated to throw a punch at Braden.

     Sir Locks raised his fist once again, but before he could land it, he was stopped.

     Heather had jumped onto his back and somehow knocked him to the ground.

     It all didn't end pretty obviously.

     Sir Locks ended up bleeding from his lip only, with a raging glare at the both of them.

     Braden and Heather ended up cowering and fearing the next day.

*
so this is what it feels like. I got 1000 reads! :D yay. sorry I haven't updated, I swear I was going to but I lost it all :( but what ever it was pretty bad, all rushed and all. and too much drama, lol.

I go to the movies again today as a third wheel! :D yay jk. oh well. THE PURGE ANARCHY! HELL YAH.

BYE. don't want to make another long authors note. (10 vote for next chap!) or na. no. 3 votes on my new book and I'll update joxels slur! :D gosh I'm mean.

BYE.