Twenty

Four Days Later

     Braden was in Sir Locks room, and boy was she afraid of what she might find. She was only cleaning his room, because he had suggested. But of course, Braden couldn't refuse.

     She was still sucking up to him.

     Sir Locks's room was huge. It wasn't as big as the room that Braden shares with other orphans, but it was almost close. His room even had its own bathroom.

     Braden had already made the bed and swept the floor, but she still wasn't done. She wanted it to be sparkling clean. Even if Sir Locks came in and dropped a beer like he did last time.

     Sir Locks room was on the first floor, so it was no surprise that she was able to hear the knocking at the door.

     Braden didn't bother to get up and open it. Even though it was strange for someone to be knocking, Sir Locks was out and whenever he came home, he always made sure to let every orphan know that their nightmare was there.

     She heard orphans running down the stairs to open the door and Heather yelling out, "Don't open the door!" Heather knew better to not open the door when Sir Locks wasn't home.

     But he wasn't, so Heather opened it.

     The moment she did was probably the marking point of change in every one of the orphans lives.

     There stood two police officers.

     All of the kids that stood by the door, didn't know what to say when they asked, "Where is Sir Locks?"

     Heather whispered to a kid to call for Braden. "Um, he went out. For food. We're out of food."

     "Are you sure about that miss?"

     "Um, yes."

     The officers looked at the kids with a suspicious look, the kids had bruises and scratches that were obvious. That was when Braden saw.

     "Everyone, go back to your rooms. Now." Everyone even Heather scrambled.

     Braden's bruises were visible, she was going to have to make up a lie if their asked. "Can I he'll you, officers?"

     "We were sent to check up on everyone, especially you. Its clear you haven't done anything for your own good. Do you mind if we take a look around?"

     "Actually I do mind." Braden said.

     "Sorry, Miss, but we're going to have to pass through."

     And they did.

*

Haha hey,  I updated. Woo! This is just a sneak peak guys. Ha.

Vote, comment, share daaaaa love!

BYE