Twenty One

The next day.

     All of the orphans were sent to another orphanage when the police found out about the mistreatment that Sir Locks had done. Sir Locks was going to go on trial, but the police had assured the orphans that he was going to be gone for a long time.

     The whole story was put on the news, so everyone in town now knew. Braden wasn't surprised.

     Even though school was almost over and Braden was almost eighteen, they still sent her to the other orphanage.

     The orphanage is crowded. There's barely any space for anyone, so it's no surprise that they are holding up for adoptions earlier than usual.

     Parents came two day's in a row, no surprise that Braden or Heather were adopted. But many of the small children were. Now they were going to build another orphanage.

     Braden liked the new orphanage honestly, but the fear of Sir Locks coming back to do what he promised, is still there.

     Braden currently sat in her seat in the last class of the day.

     "Braden," said Judy.

     "Yes?"

     "I heard what happened."

     "Who hasn't?" Braden asked.

     Judy sighed. "You do know that I'm your friend, right?" She said honestly.

    Braden shook her head. "No."

     "Well, I am. I'm here for you Braden, I'm here for you when ever."

     "Okay." Braden nodded and smiled small for Judy.

     "Do you want to come over to my place today?" Judy offered.

     Braden didn't know if she should say yes. Judy seemed like a nice friend, but Braden still didn't know if she could trust her. Braden didn't know if she still needs time for herself. But maybe hanging out with Judy will out her mind on different things.

     Braden nodded, "Sure." She smiled at Judy.

     When the bell rang, they went to Judy's car and Braden had her hand on the handle when someone called of her, "Braden,"

     It was Esmeralda who was curious and a tad jealous to see Braden with Judy. It was only because Esmeralda hadn't hung out with Braden before.

     "What?" Asked Braden.

     "Where are you going?"

      Judy got in her car. "Over to Judy's, why?"

     "Oh, just asking. Wait Braden, when can we hang out?" She asked hopefully.

      "I don't know, but I got to go." Braden got into the car.

     Braden still didn't want to talk to Esmeralda, maybe a few more days and she would.

     "Are you two okay?" Judy asked.

     Braden shrugged. "She is. I'm not."

*

boring I know, but I had to write this in. okay by the way... it's almost finished. I will try to make it a few more chapters longer but Idk. I want to try and finish this by the time summer ends.

check out my other books guys!

lol self advertising don't care.

BYE!