Epilogue

A Week Later

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

Braden nodded. "Yes, I actually have a friend that's waiting for me. Hellen, do you remember her?"

"Kind of, but are you sure you know where she lives?"

Braden nodded again. "I called her an hour ago, she lives in Montana." She shrugged.

"How are you going to get there? That's like... a whole lot of states away!"

Braden shrugged. "I'll be taking the bus, many of them."

"With what money, Braden? It's a long way there."

"Don't worry, I already asked to borrow money from Mrs.Vinci, I promised to come back and pay her back."

Heather's eyes widened. "So you are coming back?" She asked hopefully.

Braden nodded. "Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's going to be soon. It might take years. I first need to settle down and such."

Heather bummed down a bit. "Oh, right." she said.

Braden pulled her into a hug. "And when I do come back, in getting you out of here."

"What if I'm already gone?" Heather asked between the hug.

Braden shrugged. "I'll find you." Heather nodded and even though Braden couldn't see, Heather was smiling. "I have to go, Heather."

They pulled away front the hug and for the first time in a long time, Braden saw Heather's eyes get moist. "I'm going to miss you, Braden."

"Me too, Heather."

Heather looked up to her. "I'm still sorry for everything, you know."

Even though Braden and Heather had already discussed about their past relationship, Heather couldn't let it go. The guilt still bit at her. Because now as she looked at Braden, she didn't see a 'slut'.

She saw a young lady who is ready to take the world on by herself even after coming back from hell.

Braden didn't have her craggy old clothes anymore, the new orphanage had already gotten her clothes that were donated. They were appropriate and decent.

She didn't have bruises or cuts anymore, they were all gone except for the tiny scars from glasses of broken beer bottles.

She was fine from the outside now, but she was still broken from the inside. It would take something else than new clothes and appearance to mend.

Braden gave her a look. "Don't you start with me about that, Missy. We already went through this. I already told you, it's okay, it's all in the past now." Braden said to Heather honestly.

Heather looked down and mumbled, "I know, but..."

"No, buts, Heather. When I come back, its not going to matter, who why care about it right now?" Heather just shrugged. "Just give me a hug before I go say goodbye to the others."

Braden opened her arms wide and Heather quickly went in between. She wrapped her arms around Braden's waist and squeezed her as tight as she could.

A month ago ago, Heather would rather have her arms cut off than to hug a "slut", but now, she never wants to let go of Braden.

Heather pulled away slightly from Braden and asked, "So... I''ll see you later?"

Once Braden had said her goodbyes to everyone at the new orphanage who had became her friends in a short time, Braden picked up her backpack from aside the door. She smiled at everyone one last time before she opened the door and left.

She walked to the bus station and hopped on. As the bus continued to drive away, Braden still couldn't believe that this was it.

She wad finally going to leave the orphanage and Joxels High School for good.

It all felt so unreal.

So this is what it feels like, she thought. So this is what it feels like to be free.

She raised her fist slowly up to the door and knocked, once and twice. She held her breath as she waited for what felt like an eternity.

It had only been a minute.

The door opened to reveal a familiar face. Brown medium length hair and big brown eyes, on a heart shaped face with small pink lips. The slim lady took one look at Braden and pulled her into a tight hug.

"You made it, you made it Braden."

"I know, I know." Braden said. "I made it."

*

hi. this is the last chapter. :( I wanted it to be a few more chapters at leafy twenty five, but if I did every chapter would have been a few paragraph lol.

YAY! MY first book ever finished, lol. I did it before school yaay. lol and before the world ends ha.

This is the last chapter, but if you guys want any extra chapters, please suggest. I so far have like three in mind. So put this book in your archive! lol.

Ones I have in mind.

1- a time where Jillian and Braden were together

2- a point of view of Heather.

3- a small very small chapter of when Jillian was last seen.

Well, thank you everyone so much for sticking with me. @Kiaracamp thank you lots for your comments! :).

Okay, so BYE for now! Sorry I took so long to update Lol.

btw I cut my hair into a bob. OMG I love it. ha and I''ve always loved having long hair. lol.

BYE

jk

SEE YA SOOON.