chapter 16

When the school day had finished, Ty lee started to panic. She pulled her hair out of her dull ponytail and shook it around a little.

"You're stressing too much. Just be yourself and have fun!" Suju said.

"Yeah. Don't worry about a thing." Tamara reassured her.

"Thanks guys." Ty lee said as they got closer to the gates. She tried to breathe deep. What if he loses his temper again? Just think of him as Shownu in that state. You can do this.

She tried to calm herself down in her mind and it was working until she got a glimpse of Taehyung waiting. Her knees felt weak as her heart started to race. The fact that the whole Monsta x gang was depending on this coffee date going well made her even more nervous.

"We'll see you tomorrow Ty. Good luck." Her friends said goodbye and left her with Taehyung.

"Hey." She said nervously as she approached him. He had a leather jacket on that was covered in badges and patches with a white t-shirt instead of his school shirt and his smart trousers and shoes. He looked like a daydream as he sucked on a lollipop seductively while leaning against a bollard. He glanced at her.

"You look different with your hair down." He said as he examined her long black waterfall of hair.

"Oh shall i tie it up?" She asked him.

"No no. I like it." He said. "I mean... it's... uh... nice." He started to show nerves as he tried to correct what he was saying. He then stood up straight and ruffled his silver hair a little. "So where do you want to go?"he asked. She looked at him oddly. "For this coffee." he added.

"Oh.. anywhere? I don't mind. Do you know any places?" She asked. He smiled at her.

"I do actually." It was the first time she had seen him even remotely smile. Maybe it wasn't a full smile, more of a smirk.. but still. It was beautiful whatever it was. "Come." He took her arm and led her to the school car park.

"Wait wait wait... you can drive?" She asked in shock and he laughed at her reaction.

"Cars? No." He said as he carried on walking. Amongst all the cars she saw one motorbike where Taehyung was heading.

"A bike!" She gasped. He couldn't stop smiling and laughing at her reactions as he threw her a helmet.

"Shall we?" He said as he gestured to the beautiful bike before him, black and silver, glistening as though it had just been freshly waxed.

"Isn't it dangerous?" She clutched the helmet in her small hands.

"Don't worry. Just hold on." He said as he helped her mount the back seat of the bike.

"Hold onto what?" She said as she looked around her for something to hold on to. He laughed again before dropping his lollipop and jumping onto the driver seat.

"Me." He said before he revved the enginge loud, and sped off, making the tyres screach against the tarmac. Ty lee nearly fell back with the force but managed to save herself by wrapping her arms around his torso and clutching on tight in fear.

After she had gotten over the fear of being on a dangerous vehicle that she had no control over with a complete stranger, she started to enjoy it. Her hair was blowing wildly behind her as she purched her chin up on his shoulder to watch ahead. Although he was driving way over the speed limit, she still felt safe. The loud engine noise vibrated through her ears as the vibration of the engine ran through her body, making all of her senses run wild.

Eventually when they came to a stop he parked up outside a small cafe. "Universe cafe?" She read the name above the shop.

"Yeah. They're just a small business... but man they do the best drinks." Taehyung replied as he took his helmet off and put both of them in the small compartment at the back of the bike. He ran his fingers through his hair to fix it and Ty lee watched him as he did so. He caught her watching and stopped immediately in awkwardness. "Let's go inside." He said nervously trying to take the attention away as he opened the door for her.