chapter 44

Suho sighed before he grabbed the seat that Baekhyun used and sat in front of her. "It's hard to keep track of so many big and different personalities." He said. "But they mean well and are good at what they do, they just need the right guidance."he said and she looked over at him with a confused face. Why was he talking to her about this? "So... Ty lee." He said. She didn't expect Baekhyun to keep it a secret of course but it was weird now that they knew her name. "I just wanted to chat for a bit. Human to human." He said as he sat casually. "Because thats what we all are at the end of the day."

"Are you sure about that?" She spat. Suho laughed a little at her feisty behaviour before looking down at the tray of food by her feet.

"You need to eat." He said. She ignored him. "Come one. Please. Eat. It's not healthy." He said.

"Neither is being chained up in a damp room. So no thanks." She shot back.

"Don't be so stupid. You have to eat." He said and she didn't reply. Suho sighed deeply. "So I don't know whether you heard about what we did?"he said after a moment of silence. "With the government?"

"I heard." She said saltily.

"Then you know we mean business. We started this thing and now we gotta end it. I'm sure you want to end it as much as we do." He said. "But you have to understand the importance of the information you hold." He said as he sat forward in his seat. "The government are one step behind us and we want to keep it that way, but we've hit a bit of a bump in the road that's holding us up now." He explained with his hands a little. "The longer we sit here waiting, the closer the government are getting to finding us. So please think about this. I'm asking you as a person." He said. Ty lee shifted in her seat making the chains rattle slightly.

"As convincing as your little speech is, i fell for too many of them before. I won't again."she said as she looked to the floor. "You make me feel like it's the right thing to do and there is no other way, when really there is and i'm just a fall girl. A disposable part of your plan." She said. "And im tired of playing that part."

"I understand how you must feel." He said as he rubbed his tired face. He looked exhausted. "But please know, i wouldn't be here if there was no other way. Any other way of moving forward will take a long time to find out that vital information to do so. When you hold it right here." He said.

"What's so important about the other gangs to you?" She shot at him. "Why do you care when you are the most powerful and feared crime family who brought the government down."she snapped.

"Because someone has been playing dirty and dealing under the table. I need to know who and how."he said. "Because one way or another, they're setting us up to get caught." He said.

"You're master criminals. Why don't you just investigate for yourself!" She said.

"What is this? You're questioning me now? I don't think thats how an interigation works." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe i am." She said.

"Well i'm sorry i won't play that game."he said as he sat back and folded his arms.

"What must your families think of you all. How betrayed and upset they must feel. Their sons and brothers turning to crime after they brought you up with love and care." She said in disgust.

"My family cast me out. They watched as i reached the lowest point of my life and then spat on me. They are the reason i am what i am. So do not talk to me about family." He snapped with his eyes dark. His voice had changed and it was frightening.

"Well why? they must've had reason" she retaliated carefully, not quite believing his innocence.

"Why do you want to know this?" He started getting defensive. "What good is telling you about my life going to do? You don't know anything about us. You didn't even know our names until a few days ago. You cannot question me."