Chapter 20: Too many Questions

Each person turned on a flashlight. Peach and Mario paired up along with the rest of the group pairing up. They went out of the room in the Inn to go outside. The whole town was pitch dark.

"Why is everything so dark?" Peach asked a nearby goomba. "This has been happening on and off ever since Mayor Pauline arrived." "Wait, Pauline is back?!" Mario gasped. "Mario, we should talk", Peach said.

Peach explained to the guys what happened to them along with Pauline. Bowser turned around to see that Rosalina was gone. "Guys, where is Rosalina?" Bowser growled. They all looked around, but she was nowhere in sight.

"We need to get her back. Maybe she was kidnapped or something. I don't think she would leave us at an important time like this." Daisy said. Her face weighed down with worry. "How about we go around town in teams so we can check to see if she went somewhere before we assume the worst?" Luigi said. He hugged Daisy and looked through the bag of supplies.

Peach and Mario paired up. Luigi, Daisy and Bowser went off in the opposite direction in town. After hours of looking around, they found nothing.

Rosalina woke up from a deep sleep. She felt like she was somewhere familiar, something like home.

She looked down at Her outfit, and noticed it was a short white dress. She had no idea what was going on. She left the light blue room to go outside.

Almost slipping, she caught herself as she noticed the ground was covered in ice. Similar houses were in the town. As she was about to start walking, a couple of penguins slided past her. Looking onward, a sign post caught her eye. Moving a few steps forward, the sign said "WELCOME TO SHIVER CITY".