Chapter 22: Special Day

Author Note: Before I start this chapter, I would like to say thank you to all of my readers out there who enjoy my story so much. Today is my birthday (January 14th), and I am making this chapter mainly about Peach and Mario going on a date since they are my favorite characters. I am also making it Peach's birthday to also celebrate my birthday with an adventure in the mushroom kingdom. Feel free to comment on how many more chapters I should make before I finish the story.

Princess Peach woke up from her deep sleep. She looked over to see Mario cuddling her in plushy pink bed. She realized today is her birthday. Jumping out of bed, her night gown fell as she got into her shimmering pink gown. When she was younger, she had picked out that pink gown  for her 18th birthday when she was just 5 years old.

"Happy Birthday, My Love!" Peach turned around to see Mario with a small gift. She opened the box to see a picture frame with all of the letters she sent Mario each with a letter of love from Mario next to them. She also pulled out a Mushroom Locket. Her eyes teared up as she opened it to see a picture of them from when they first fell in love. Mario fastened the locket around her neck, and she turned around to kiss him.

After they kissed, they went downstairs to the kitchen to see a whole table with delightful desserts. "This is so sweet Toadsworth. Thank you!" Peach hugged him and went to eat. Luigi and Daisy entered each with a present in hand. "Sorry we were late, but Luigi took forever getting dressed. Despite everything going on with our adventure, I hope you have a happy birthday." Daisy said as she and Luigi put the presents next to the rest of them. They all sat down to eat breakfast. They devoured the food, and decided to go out to the garden.

A few hours later, they return inside to enjoy a party. Toadsworth brings out the cake, as people start to sing Happy Birthday. She blows out the candles when everyone starts to clap for her. The presents are opened, and all the gifts are thoughtful. The night ends with fireworks blasting into the sky.