Russia.

You watched as he drowned away his sorrows with Vodka, he just kept drinking it, he hadn't stopped. You tried to hold back your tears as he practically drank himself to death. "You know what (Y/N), I love you! How's our little Russian man going?" He hiccuped, referring to the child growing in your stomach. "Ivan.. How many time's do I have to tell you.. The baby is a girl," You frowned stepping over, trying to take the Vodka bottle away from him but he fought it.

"Don't touch my Vodka (Y/N)!" He yelled as he accidentally slammed the bottle into your head, knocking you unconscious. "(Y/N)?" He whispered as he realised what he had just done. He moved to your side, "(Y/N)? Please wake up," He hiccuped and when he realized you were out cold, he started downing more bottles, wanting to forget what he'd done.

Several hours later, you awoke to see him passed out on the table. You cautiously got up and moved over to him but as your frail hand brushed his hand you pulled away- he was ice cold. Realization then hit, "Ivan!" You screamed as you checked for a pulse and placed a hand where his heart once beat. Tears dripped down your cheeks as you called for an ambulance, ignoring the throbbing headache.

~

You watched as the casket went into the ground, tears dripping down your cheeks. You felt a warm hand on your shoulder and turned your head to see your close friend, Arthur. "I'm sorry for your loss (Y/N)," He whispered as you buried your face into his chest, sobbing. Arthur gently ran his fingers through your (H/C) hair. "It'll be alright.." He whispered, trying to soothe you, though it failed drastically. You only got worse and started begging for him to bring Ivan back. Arthur frowned and knew he had to try it.. He was going to revive Ivan.

"Let's take you home (Y/N)," Arthur whispered and walked you home, hugging you once you reached the door. "Don't do anything stupid (Y/N)," He reminded you for the hundredth time. You nodded your head and went inside, shutting the door on him. You went into the kitchen and pulled out the bottles of Vodka Ivan loved dearly. You opened on and put the bottle to your lips and took a huge gulp as the liquid filled your mouth. You gasped as your throat stung from the mass amount you swallowed and realization hit you again as you threw the bottle against the wall. "I'm sorry little Sunflower," You whimpered as you placed your hands over your stomach, "Mummy loves you dearly and didn't mean to drink." You whispered before heading up to bed.

~

Ivan woke up not long later, strapped to a table with Arthur standing above him, "It actually worked," Arthur whispered as he checked Ivan over, though he had no heartbeat which worried him dearly. "Where's (Y/N)!?" Ivan hissed out as he ripped himself from the table. "She's at home," Arthur replied and watched as Ivan ran out. "Let's hope (Y/N) doesn't freak out.."

Ivan rushed home and pulled the keys from his pockets, opening the front door. He shut it quietly and ran upstairs, wanting to see how you were, he hoped you hadn't done anything too extreme, for the babies sake. He stopped as he saw a broken vodka bottle laying on the ground and he felt his body go cold. "(Y/N)!" He yelled as he rushed upstairs and kicked the door down and his eyes fell upon you, staring up at him terrified. "You're alright.." He whispered as he rushed over and pulled you into a tight embrace. "Ivan.." You whispered, causing him to smile as his name left your lips.

"Aren't you dead? Your heart isn't beating either.." You whispered as he gazed into your (E/C) orbs. "Yes.. But thanks to Arthur, I can help take care of you and our baby.." Ivan whispered, a smile forming on his lips. "I love you and our little girl," He pressed his lips against yours, "Even if I am dead," You smiled at this.

"I will always be by your side, to protect you and love you."