Chapter 4: Between Us x2

{Gracelyn Adams}

I feel Shawn's grip tighten around me and my eyes open, then immediately close them, feeling something fly into my face. I wipe my eyes and open them. I see Jonah, Daniel, Corbyn, Jack, and Zach standing in front of me. Zach has a squirt gun in his hands. "Zach!", Shawn exclaims. "Can't we ever get some peace?" "Bro, it's 11:30.", Jonah says. "You got plenty of sleep.", Daniel says pulling the covers off of us. I cover my face with a pillow and groan. "UUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Guys, we are awake. Get out now. You achieved your goal."        

I grab my phone off my nightstand and get on my social media. I get sprayed with what I'm assuming is water again. I flinch and bury my face into my pillow. "Stop! We are up!" "Okay, okay, I think they are up.", Corbyn says, pushing the boys out the door. "Thanks, Corbean." "No prob, Bob."

"Hey. You didn't push me off this morning.", Shawn says, removing his arms from around me. "Hey, your right. I didn't. I guess I'm getting used to you.", I laugh. "How are you feeling today?", Shawn asks, as I turn over to face him. "Oh, I'm feeling fine. I slept well." He chuckles. "No, I'm talking about us. But, I'm glad you slept well." "Oh!", I say, laughing. "I feel good. We didn't talk about it much yesterday, we were kind of busy. But, I'm really happy with what we admitted to each other.", I say, pulling the covers up to my neck.

"I'm really happy about that, too. You know, I've liked you for like 2 years.", he says, nervously. "I'm not sure when, but a couple years ago, I liked you for like a year straight. I forced myself to stop liking you because I knew you didn't like me back." "Well, I probably did like you at that time.", Shawn chuckles. "Probably so.", I say, getting out of bed and going to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I finish, put my toothbrush up, then go down stairs, seeing Shawn already down there.

---------

{Shawn Mendes}

     "I have an idea.", I say as coming outside to sit on the deck with Grace. "And what is that?", she asks, closing her book, then lifting up her eyebrow, one of my favorite things she does. "We go to Kemah for the day." Her face brightens. "I haven't been there in forever. Like 8 years." "Same! It's been forever. Probably since my first album came out.", I respond. She nods her head.    

(little side note: Kemah is a amusement park/city around where I live, so I thought it would be neat to add it into the story:) )

She quickly jumps up from the chair outside and sprints inside to the living room, forgetting to close the door. "Guys, Shawn had a really good idea.", I hear from the living room. "How 'bout we go to Kemah today?" I see Jack run up the stairs, his arms pumping in the air, yelling, "I'LL BE READY IN A HOUR!" "Well, I guess we are going.", Christina laughs. "We leave in an hour and a half?", Kaylen asks. "Sounds good.", Daniel says. "What's Kemah?", Marie asks. "Only the best amusement park around here.", Corbyn says.

I follow everybody as we go upstairs to get ready. I quickly change into a white shirt and black jeans. I go to the bathroom and see Gracelyn putting her makeup and hair products up. I brush my teeth as she turns on her speaker and starts playing her music.

Darling, you look perfect

I grab her hand and start dancing. She giggles and wraps her arms around my neck. I put my toothbrush down and place my hands on her waist. I join in the next verse.

Dancing in the dark

With you between my arms

Barefoot on the grass

Listening to our favorite song

I twirl Gracelyn and kiss her cheek. She blushes and pulls away. "I'm sorry, was that too much?", I ask. "No, I'm sorry. I'm just so awkward.", she says, frowning to herself. "Hey, it's okay. Don't be done on yourself. Hey, we can take it slow.", I say. "I know. We are taking it slow.", she says, hugging me.