Chapter 6: Ditto

{Gracelyn Adams}

"Reservation for Mendes?", Shawn asks the waitress politely. She checks her list and crosses our name out. "Right this way, please." She leads us to a two person table surrounded by trees with fairy lights tangled in the leaves and champagne sitting on the table.

Shawn pulls my chair out for me and I sit, keeping my purse in my lap. He sits across from me and checks his watch. "We have around 2 hours till I need to have you home.", Shawn says air quoting home. "We ran a little late with the pictures and talking." I grab his hand from across the table. "As long as I'm with you, I'm fine." Shawn laces his fingers with my other hand, then notices the champagne.

"Well, they are treating us." He picks it up and is about to pop it open, but I stop him. "Shawn, we are underaged! We are in public. What will people say?", I ask, worriedly. He laces his fingers with one of my hands again. "Hey, no need to worry. We won't pop it open.", he says, rubbing my hand. I nod gently.

"This place is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of the one in LA.", I say, seeing the similarities. "I miss LA. It feels like home.", Shawn states. "Eh, not really for me. I feel at home back in Texas at my grandma's house.", I say, smiling at the thought of being back home.

"You've mentioned them a lot lately.", Shawn observes. I nod. "Yeah, I guess I have. I just miss them a lot.", I say. "Maybe when we are back from vacation we can go visit your family.", Shawn suggested. "We?", I ask, shocked.

"Well, yeah. If this leads to what, you know, we think it will lead to.", he says, pointing to me and then himself. "Ahh. I see what you are talking about.", I blush.

"I'm really happy. I'm really happy we are giving this thing going on between us a chance.", Shawn says, his eyes staring straight into mine. I smile. "Me, too. Even though I'm really awkward.", I blush.

"Hey, that's one of the many things I love about you.", he says. I smile. "That makes me feel a lot better." "To be honest, there isn't a single thing I don't love about you.", he says, blushing.

"Aw, you're so soft.", I say, propping my chin up with one of my hands. "Am not.", he says. "Nah, you definitely are. You have a really sweet heart.", I say, admiring him. He gently kisses my hand and says, "Ditto."

------------------------

Hey:)

official edited final version of Chapter 6 Down The Drain

Another wholesome chapter for you lovesss :)

This chapter was short, but i kinda liked it.

Do y'all like short or long chapters? Or in the middle? Let me know by commenting :)