Chapter 11: The Grace I know

{Shawn Mendes}

"And do I ever, do I ever cross your mind? Not trying to ruin your happiness at all.", I sing into the mic. The final chords of the song play and I look right into Grace's eyes. She smiles and claps for us.

"Been roamin' around, always lookin' down and all I see.", I hear Grace softly singing with me. "Painting faces, fill the places I can't reach. You know that I could use somebody."

I look at Grace and see her mouth the lyrics. "Guys, stop the music." Everyone stops, looking confused. "Okay, Gerty, come here. Grace, you, too." Grace gets up from her seat and comes to me and Andrew. She stands next to Gerty and I stand in front of them.

"I want Grace to sing this song with me.", I say. Grace's eyes widened and she shakes her head. Andrew smiles. "I like the sound of that.", he says, smiling at the two of us. I grab her hands. "Why not, darling?" "I've never sang in front of a crowd. Much less your team."

"Well, let's get you started. Andrew, do you mind gathering the whole team in here? Grace is gonna give us a little concert.", he says winking at me.

{Gracelyn Adams}

"I can't, Shawn. That's outside my comfort zone. That's something I can't do.", I say looking up at him.

He taps my nose. "That's what I'm here for. To push you out of your comfort zone." "Shawn. I physically can't do this.", I say, my hands starting to shake. "Honey", he says wrapping his arms tightly around me. "I wouldn't make you do something that I knew you couldn't do." "Who said you were making me do this?", I ask. He kisses me. "I did.", he says as everyone walks in.

"Oh my gosh.", I put my head on his chest. "What song should I sing?" "It doesn't matter. You are gonna sound good on whatever you sing." "I'm gonna sing 'Because of You.'" "Get up there!", he gives me a little push to the stage and sits next to Geoff.

----------------------

I open my eyes and look at my audience. It all turns into a blur. I hear them clap slightly, but my ears seem to drown out the noise. All I hear is my hammering heart. Shawn comes into my view and he is looking at me with admiration in his eyes. 

He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my lips, causing me to pull away quickly. He frowns at me. "Shawn, we are in public.", I laugh nervously. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and kisses my head.

"Gracelyn, I'm going to speak for everyone on this, because I know we are all thinking the same thing, you have to sing with Shawn.", Andrew says walking up to us on the stage. I look down. "I don't know if I can do that. I already had trouble singing in front of y'all. Imagine how hard that will be for me in front of thousands of people."

"We aren't asking you to perform the whole concert with him. Just one song. Maybe two.", Mike explains. I look down at the ground. I mean, maybe I could do this. No. I can do this. "Okay. I will."

Multiple pairs of arms wrap around me and soon I'm enveloped by everyone. I chuckle as they all cheer. "Now that's the Grace I know.", Shawn says, kissing my cheek.

----------------------

Chapter 11 all done!!!