Chapter 33: Mistakes

{Shawn Mendes}

"Hello, Gracelyn." her mother says. Grace doesn't say anything. "Are you not going to talk to me?" Nicole says. "I have nothing to say to you." Grace says. Maw Maw looks at Grace and says, "That's no way to talk to your mom, Grace." "Oh, did she not tell you what she did? To our family?" Grace says, starting to get heated.

Maw Maw shakes her head. "She cheated on my dad. With her freaking boss." Grace says, looking at Nicole. Maw Maw looks like she just saw a ghost. "I guess your little girl isn't so perfect anymore is she, Maw Maw?" Sarah asks.

"Girls, I came here to make amends. Can we please talk?", Nicole asks, with tears in her eyes. Grace starts shaking her head, I grab her hands and lean down, whispering in her ear, "Grace, give her a chance. She wants to make amends. What if she really is trying?", I say. She looks up at me and rolls her eyes. "Fine. She can't fix her mistakes though."

"Let's go.", Sarah says, talking to their mom.

-------------------------

{Gracelyn Adams}

"What do you have to say for yourself?" Sarah says as we walk into Maw Maw's room. "Girls, I'm so sorry. I really screwed up. I'm so sorry.", Mom says, sobbing, her head in her hands. I look at Sarah and I can see the sympathy in her eyes. Neither of us want to see our mother this way.

"Mom, stop.", Sarah says. Our mom looks up at us and says, "How can you forgive me?" "It's simple. We forgive you. But, we will never forget this. Ever. Mom, you really fucked up. But, I forgive you." Sarah says, hugging her.

"Does this mean you will move back in with me?" she asks hopefully. Sarah shakes her head. "Mom, I literally just made my life in New York. I really like it there. I don't want to move back to Texas. To here. There is nothing here for me. Please let me stay with Gracelyn.", Sarah begs. Mom looks at me. "Are you okay with this? Is Shawn okay with this?" she asks.

I nod. "Yeah, we really enjoy having Sarah with us. She's doing online school so she can go on tour and stuff with us. We have a plan, mom. She'll finish school, then do what she dreams with her life." I say, rubbing her shoulder.

"You need to figure yourself out. Don't worry about us. We are taken care of." Sarah responds. I nod. "You need to focus on yourself." She smiles. "Thank you, girls." she says, hugging us.

-----------

Hey :)

Final edit of chapter 33!

Yay, they are okay with their mom!

Also, side note, this stuff with their mom did NOT happen with my mom. She would never do that !

Reminder: most of the stuff happening with the grandpa in this story, DID happen in my life. But, im my life, my parents are still happily together!