Chapter 16: Lover

{shawn mendes}

"Are you ready for your first awards show?", he asks me. I nod, swallowing the breakfast Shawn made. "Yeah, I am. I'm really nervous, but I'm trying to put it out of my mind.", I say. He nods. "Yeah, you have nothing to worry about."

I nod, finishing my bite of food. "So.", I start, about to spill the beans on what's been on my mind. Shawn grins at me. "So." "I was thinking.", I continued. "Mhm.", he answers. "Maybe you could move in with me.", I say, taking a sip of my coffee, looking anywhere but his eyes. His face brightens. "Really? What made you think of that?", he asks, curiously.

"Well, you are already here 24/7. Well, at least, when we are home. What's the point in you paying for your condo when you don't even go there?", I ask. "I see your point. I like it. I would love to live with you.", Shawn says, coming around to the side of the island I am on.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders and hugs me, resting

his chin on my head. I lean my head against his chest. "I just wanted to say thank you.", I say. He pulls away and pushes his eyebrows together. "Why?" "For being with me. I've never had such a great relationship.", I say, embarrassed. He leans down and kisses my lips. I smile into the kiss and pull away, resting our foreheads together.

"I wanted to thank you.", Shawn says. "For what?", I whisper. He whispers back,"For giving me the best lover I've ever had."

-------------------

I feel a gentle push on my shoulder and rub my eyes. "Hey, darling, we are here.", Shawn says rubbing my arm. "Where exactly is here?", I yawn. "New York. Let's get moving.", he says getting up. I stand up, stretch, pull my backpack on, and follow Shawn off the plane.

"Where's Andrew? I thought he was meeting us here.", I say as I look around the airport. "No, we are meeting him and the team tonight for dinner." "Oh, yum."

We pull up to the outside of the hotel, thank the driver, grab our stuff, and get out of the car. "Welcome, Mr. Mendes. Thank you for staying with us.", a bell boy says to him. Shawn shakes his hand. "Yes, of course. Thank you." "Are you two ready to go to your room?", he asks, looking at each of us. I nod my head. "Yes, please."

Shawn grabs my hand as we follow the employee through the lobby and to check-in. "She will check y'all in.", he says, as the lady behind the desk waves.

"Hi, how may I help you?", she asks. "I believe we are under the name Andrew Gertler? We should have a suite.", Shawn says, taking his sunglasses off. "Yes, I see. Floor 8, suit number 231. Here are your keys.", she says handing each of us a key. "Thank you.", I say. "Of course. If you need any help, call the front desk, we are glad to help." Shawn thanks her as we make our way to the elevators.

"Um, do we have to get on an elevator?", I ask. "Not unless you want to climb 8 flights of stairs.", Shawn answers me. I sigh. "Fine.", I say, getting in the elevator. Shawn grabs my hand to steady me and I wrap my hand around his arm, laying my head on his shoulder.

He kisses my head, murmuring soothing words to me. "It will be okay, we are on floor 6, we are almost there." I sigh as the bell rings, signaling our arrival to our floor. We exit the elevator and make our way down the hall to suite number 231.

Shawn opens the door to our connecting suites with his team. "I'm gonna see where Ellie is.", I say, pulling my phone out. Shawn says, "Okay, tell me what suite she is in." I nod my head. "I'm gonna text her in spanish.", I laugh. "Do they learn spanish in England?", shawn asks from the bathroom, laughing. "I really don't know. I hope not, I want her to be clueless.", I laugh.

Grace: Hola, nosotros sólo tiene aquí. Tú aquí todavía?

(hey, we just got here. You here yet?)