Chapter 40: You

{Shawn Mendes}

Grace's arms wrap around me from behind and she peeks over my shoulder, the light hitting her light brown hair in our writing room/office perfectly. "Whatcha doing?", she asks curiously. I close my journal. "Just writing. Like always." "What's the song about?", she asks. I smile. "It's a surprise.", I say.

"Wait, you aren't going to let me hear?", she asks. "Not while it's rough. It's really rough.", I say, exaggerating my words, to get the point across. "Well, that's what your songwriter is here for.", she says, smiling and sitting across from me. I smile. "Okay.", I say, handing her my journal.

Sunrise with you on my chest

No blinds in the place where I live

Daybreak open your eyes

So close with you on my lips

Touch noses feeling your breath

Push your heart and pull away

Be my summer in a winter day love

Be mine, be mine, yeah

Anytime, anytime

"What do you think?", I ask hesitantly. "I love it.", she says. "Really?" "Yeah. I really do love it. Can I add something though?", she asks. I nod. She grabs a piece of paper from the desk in the room and writes down some lyrics, then hands me the sheet to read.

Sunrise with you on my chest

No blinds in the place where I live

Daybreak open your eyes

Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night yeah

We're changing our minds here

Be yours, be mine, dear

So close with you on my lips

Touch noses feeling your breath

Push your heart and pull away

Be my summer in a winter day love

I can't see one thing wrong

Between the both of us

Be mine, be mine, yeah

Anytime, anytime

"That sounds really good all together. Thank you, love.", I say, kissing her cheek. She blushes and smiles. "My pleasure."

After a bit of silence I say, "So, my parents invited us to Thanksgiving." She smiles. "Okay." "We don't have to go, we can stay here if you want, they just want to meet you, but I told them we would discuss what we wanted to do, but we really can just celebrate here an-" "I think we should go.", she says, cutting off my blabbering.

"Really? You want to go?", I ask, excitedly. She nods. "Of course. For as long as we have been friends, I've never met your family. I think I need to.", she laughs nervously. "We don't have to go if you don't want to.", I say.

"No, I want to. I think it will be nice.", she smiles, "You need to see your family, you haven't seen them in months." I get up and engulf her in a hug. "Thank you so much for saying that. I'm so happy you want to go. I really want you to meet my family. You are going to love them. They are going to love you! Oh, my gosh, I'm so excited.", I say, kissing her lips.

She smiles up at me and kisses me back. "I love you.", she says. "I love you, too.", I put my forehead against hers. "Thank you for being mine.", I say, looking at her.

She blushes at my words and kisses my cheek. "Thank you for being mine."

-----------------------------

{Gracelyn Adams}

"Grace, you get to meet all my friends back home.", Shawn says, excitedly. I grab some shirts from our closet, bringing them to our suitcase, folding them. "Yeah? I've heard so many great things about them.", I say, smiling.

"Aaliyah already texts me and tells me to bring you home. She really wants to hang out with you. Ian and Brian said they need to approve of you.", he laughs. I chuckle. "Don't you have a friend named Lauren?", I ask, curiously.

"Yes! Y'all are going to get along so greatly. Y'all have very similar interests. Oh, and Ava.", he says. "Who's Ava?", I ask confused. "I've talked about her before.", Shawn says. "I don't remember. Tell me about her.", I say, walking back to the closet, grabbing more clothes.

"She's been in my friend group since high school. She had a crush on me back then, which is kinda funny. As far as I know, I don't know if she ever got over that. But, she is so nice.", he says. I make a face to myself and roll my eyes.

"Uh huh.", I say, walking back to our bedroom. "What's wrong?", he asks, concerned. "I mean, you just told that she has a crush on you. How do you think that makes me feel?", I ask, "I just don't feel comfortable with her right now.", I set the clothes down and start walking back to the closet, but Shawn's hand grabs mine, stopping me.

"Hey.", he says, wrapping me up in his arms. "You have nothing to worry about. You are my one and only. You always will be. This proves that.", he says, twisting the promise ring on my finger. I smile smally, blush, and nod. "I don't like her at all. I like you. I love you.", he says.

I kiss his cheek and say, "I love you, too." "I promise, she will not be an issue.", he says, kissing my forehead. "Okay. I believe you." "Let's get packing, eh? We got a plane to catch tomorrow.", he says, lifting me into the air.

"Oh, my gosh, put me down!", I say, squealing. "I've got you.", he says, putting me down on the bed. "Don't do it.", I say, narrowing my eyes at him. "What?" "I know what you are thinking. I know you. Don't do it. Don't tickle me.", I say. He smiles. "Too late!", he screams, lifting my leg to tickle behind my knee.

"NO!"

--------------------------------

This chapter was so wholesome. I loved it :)