Chapter Ten: The Invite

*ALI'S POV*

It's been over a week since I've seen him. Since I've seen any of them. Corey, Elton, Sam, or Colby. Colby most importantly.

Sure, I've texted him a ton over that time span, but it's just not the same as being with him. When I'm with him, I'm happy. Happier than I've ever been before.

"I'm heading to work guys! I'll see you later! Remember, Lucas's party's tonight." I️ yelled to the girls as I️ grabbed my car keys.

"What time are you gonna be home?" Mila asked, stuffing her face with a blueberry muffin. 

"I'm gonna head straight to the party after work, I️ get out at 7, party starts at 7:30." I️ said.

"You got your clothes and stuff for tonight with you?" She asked. I️ nodded, grabbing my black backpack.

"Well, see you then!" She said as I️ raced out of the apartment. I️ woke up a bit late, so I'm gonna be late for my 8am shift.

I️ turned on the heat in my little car to get rid of the chill and drove off. I️ work at a tiny coffee shop, Koffie & zo. It's usually not very busy, since Delft is filled with tiny cafe's and shops everywhere.

I️ drove through downtown, it's not usually very busy during this time of the day. I️ parked in my usual spot in back and grabbed my apron from the backseat. My uniform is like Starbucks baristas uniform, black pants, a black button up shirt, and our signature apron.

"Hey Ali!" Finn greeted me from behind the counter. Yea, I️ work with Finn, that's how we met and introduced him to our group of friends.

"Hey Finn, has it been busy so far today?" I️ asked, trying my hair up into a messy bun.

"Not really, a few customers here and there." He said, making the customer their latte.

I️ began to sweep up behind the counter, cause Finn tends to leave a mess everywhere.

"Dude, seriously learn how to keep your mess in one spot." I️ said sarcastically, laughing.

"Very funny Ali." He laughed with me, handing the customer their drink.

A few more customers walked into the shop. I️ mostly work cash register so I️ walked up to greet them.

"Goedemorgen, welkom bij koffie & zo. wat kan ik vandaag voor je halen?"(Good morning, welcome to Koffie & Zo. What could I️ get for you today) I️ greeted the woman.

She told me her order, a caramel macchiato with almond milk.

I've picked up on some Dutch, enough to be able to understand what people. Living here for almost 5 years, you have to learn a little Dutch to get by.

I️ gave the order to Finn to make and took the next customers order. One by one, the shop emptied.

"So, have you seen your lover boy yet?" Finn asked. Yes, he knows all about Colby.

"No, I've been waiting for him to initiate plans. We text pretty much every day though." I️ said.

"Don't wait on him to make plans with you, if you like him then you make plans with him." He told me. I️ nodded, agreeing with his reasoning.

We continued our conversation, I️ tell him pretty much everything about my love life. Right now, it's pretty nonexistent.

"Hey! I️ figured I️ would come an get a coffee." Noah said, walking into the shop.

"Hey, long time no see buddy." I️ said sarcastically, since we hung out last night.

"My regular." He said to me, which meant a chai latte. He comes pretty much every shift I️ work.

Finn quickly made him his drink as I️ leaned over the counter to talk to him.

"You ready for tonight?" I️ asked him.

"Hell yea, I'm ready to get hammered." He laughed.

"Please don't, we all remember what happened last time you got drunk." I️ laughed, remembering the embarrassing night.

"I️ promise I️ won't get that drunk, and you promised to never bring it up again." He laughed with me.

Basically, he got wasted at our friends birthday party, stripped down to his boxers, and pretended to be a stripper and insisted that we paid him.

"Oops, sorry not sorry." I️ laughed, handing him his drink to go.

"I️ gotta head out." He said, taking a sip of his hot drink. I️ nodded.

"Well I'll see you then." I️ said to him as he waved goodbye and walked out of the shop.

It felt like hours went by before the next customer walked in. I️ began to greet them in Dutch before I️ looked up and saw those blue eyes.

The Colby Brock himself.

"Hey, wouldn't think I️ would see you here." He said nervously, a smile growing on both of our faces.

"Yea, I️ could say the same. I️ thought you didn't like coffee." I️ laughed. I️ remember him telling me that the night we were on the roof.

"I️ don't, it's a coffee run for Corey and Elton." He chuckled. He quickly told me the order and we continued to talk.

"I've missed hanging out with you." He said. He does? Then why doesn't he ever start plans?

"Me too." I️ said, smiling at the fact that I'm with him right now.

"I️ leave tomorrow to go back to LA." His smile slowly faded.

"Oh, that's right." My heart dropped. This is probably the last time I'll ever see him. I️ need to do something. Without thinking, I️ blurted  out something.

"My friends, they're having a party tonight. Do you wanna come with me?" I️ asked, listening to Finn's advice. He smiled at me.

"Sure, would the guys be able to come though? It's okay if they can't." He asked.

"Yea, it would be fine. It starts at 7:30." I️ said.

"I'll tell the guys, I'm sure they'll be up to going to a party."

"Great," I️ handed him the tray of his drinks. "I'll see you later." I️ seriously can't stop smiling.

He gave me a smile before exiting the shop.

"So that's lover boy I'm guessing." Finn said from behind me. I️ nodded, still in a haze.

I'm actually gonna see him tonight. My heart raced, butterflies growing in my stomach.

Tonight is gonna be the best.