Chapter Thirty-One: Little Too Much

Devyn has left to go to some makeup sponsorship party, and Aaron was still at the gym.

Being alone in the house can be a little creepy. It's so quiet, I don't think this house has ever been quieter. I mean, with all the guys around, it's always pretty hectic around here.

I decided to connect my phone to Colby's speaker and play some of my music.

The first song to come on my Spotify Playlist "gloomy days☁️"was "Satellite" by Leila Broussard. I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to this song. It used to be my favorite a couple years ago.

I began to sing along, swaying my body to the beat.

"I slip and sway at every,
passing town I think I may be losing my mind.
I ride my bike up the hill
to an abandoned house on the outskirts on Los Angeles," I sang loudly.

I danced around the kitchen, since I was alone. In fact, this is the first time that I am actually alone in the house since I moved in. I know I'm not the best dancer, but who doesn't love to dance when they're alone.

I continued to sing the song, not giving a care about anything in the world. I felt free from all of my stress. I haven't heard anything from any of my ex-friends in days, which feels great.

If you have toxic people in your life, seriously, get rid of them. It's like lifting the biggest weight off of your shoulders. No more drama, no more complaining.

I finished singing the song, washing the dishes that had been in the sink for days now. I swear, these boys don't know how to clean up after themselves. As much as I love Colby, he's the worst out of them all. He's known for getting up in the middle of the night and making food. And then in the morning, there's a sink full of dishes.

As I turned the sink faucet off, I heard clapping coming from behind me. Startled, I let out a screech as I jumped around to see who the mysterious clapping was coming from.

"Bravo, I didn't know you could sing." Aaron had come home from the gym earlier than I had expected. I thought I was alone, I must've not heard him.

"How much of that did you hear?" I asked, embarrassed that he had to hear and see that.

"Almost the whole thing, you're really good Ali." He said, dropping off his gym bag on one of the kitchen stools.

"Really?" I asked, surprised that someone actually likes my singing.

"Yea, we should really do a collab video. I do covers of songs every once in a while. We should do one! It'll promote your channel so much." He said excitedly.

"I don't really like to sing in front of a crowd, let alone a camera." I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Stage freight?" He asked. I nodded, having a flashback from my freshman year talent show.

Anyone could audition and participate. I, at the time, thought I was an amazing singer. So, I decided to sing "Bulletproof". Let's just say, I barely made it through the first verse before vomiting all over the microphone. I haven't sung in front of anyone since that day. I mostly just sing when I'm alone in my room.

"I had stage freight too, but once I uploaded my first cover onto YouTube, I completely let it go." He said.

"I know, I just don't know if I'm ready to start regularly post videos. I mean, I spend most of my time with you guys and mostly Colby and he doesn't want his fans to know about us yet." I rambled on. He nodded, understanding my point of view on the situation.

"Just know that if and when you wanna do a cover video, I'm always right down the hall." He laughed, picking up his bag and heading up to his room.

As soon as he was out of sight, I slammed my head into my hands, completely and utterly embarrassed of the event that just went down.

*COLBY'S POV*

"Brennen! You almost ready?!" Bradlee banged on the bathroom door. Of course, as usual, Brennen's the one that's gonna make us late. And he was the wanted to go to this party.

We had already pregamed a few minutes ago, just wanting to get a little pumped up before the party.

I admit, I had a few shots of Jack Daniel's whiskey. Only like two or three. I wasn't originally gonna drink, but I can't get Ali out of my mind. I miss her. I needed something to get my mind off of her. I know she wouldn't want me to be sulking around Vegas the entire trip.

"I gotta look good! There's gonna be a shit ton of hot, drunk chicks!" He said, flinging the bathroom door open.

"Oh come on pretty boy, party starts in 15 minutes." Sam said, pulling him out of the room. Brennen was already a little tipsy, he had more to drink than all of us.

We walked down to the lobby and out to the party. It was in a casino that was pretty close to our hotel, so we walked. Uber's in Vegas can be a little sketchy and I'm pretty sure none of us feel like getting kidnapped or murdered anytime soon.

Once we got there, I was overwhelmed with the loud music, the colorful strobe lights, the strong smell of hard liquor, and the amount of people that was there. I'm not the party type, but that's the price of being Brennen's friend.

I took a deep breath. I'm gonna have fun, for you Ali.

Once we got to our reserved booth, Brennen began buying and handing out drinks. After my fifth or sixth shot, everything became a little blurry.

Brennen and Bradlee went off to dance while me, Corey, and Sam stayed at the booth and socialized.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to text Ali goodnight since it was already midnight and she usually goes to bed around this time.

Me: night babe, we're at some club. Brennen dragged all of us here. I had a few drinks, but I'm fine. No driving for me tonight. Love u❤️

I turned my phone off and slid it back in my pocket.

Drinks kept coming and of course, I kept drinking. Shot after shot until, well, let's just say, I don't remember what happened after that last shot of whiskey.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hey guys! I've been writing and updating a lot recently. We just hit 500 views! The next couple of chapters are gonna be pretty eventful, just warning you guys. I love you guys so much! Thank you for voting/liking and reading. Hopefully you guys are enjoying it so far! I can't believe we're already past chapter thirty, I have so many plans for the future of this book.

~Nikki