Chapter Fourty-Two: Walking Down the Isle

——Couple Days Later——
(I know guys, sorry for so many time skips)

Today's the day. The day I have to go to my fathers funeral. Me and Colby are currently getting ready in my grandparents house. This is where I'm gonna be staying for the next couple of days before I stay with my cousin in her apartment.

"You almost ready baby?" He asked, coming up behind me in the mirror. I was sitting at the vanity doing my makeup. The last time I remember I was here I was around eleven years old. My parents wanted to have a date night alone so my brother and I spent the night at my grandparents house. I remember my grandma teaching me how to braid my hair at this vanity.

My father never liked it when I wore too much makeup, he said it hid all of my qualities. So I just stuck with some waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and some powder.

I looked up at Colby in the mirror. He stood there wearing a black button up shirt and a pair of black dress pants.

Keeping the tears back, I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing the dress I wore for my high school graduation along with a pair of black wedges. My dad had picked out this dress when I had gone shopping. Around my neck hung my dad's dog tag from the military and a small emerald charm around the same chain, my mom wanted me to have it.

"I'll be right by your side," he said, hugging me from behind. I haven't been myself lately, a part of me is missing.

I took a deep breath before heading out of the spare bedroom and into the living room where my mother and Danny stood with my grandparents.

"Ali," Danny said before running up to me and hugging me. I held onto him tight. Everyone says he resembles my dad, they both have similar facial features.

"It's okay Dan," I said, wiping a tear away.

I hugged my mom, who looked like she hadn't gotten sleep in days.

All of us got into the cars and made our way to the church where the funeral was going to take place.

When we got there, I couldn't hold it in any longer. Tears flooded my eyes, affecting my eyesight. I hugged Colby tightly, able to finally comprehend what was happening.

This was my fathers funeral.

My father always said how if and when he did pass away, he would want to be cremated. He felt that it was useless not to be. He would just be rotting in the ground.

On a table in the church was my fathers ashes. Just looking at it hurt me, that this was my father.

My grandmother pulled me away from everyone.

"Ali, everyone knew that you were his favorite. Would you do the honor of carrying his ashes down the isle? He would want you to." She said, wiping a tear. I nodded.

I'll do this for him.

My family stayed in an office in the front of the church while the pews filled up with distant family members, friends, old coworkers, his marine troop. I didn't know many faces.

Colby sat in the fourth row, since my family would fill up to the third and he wanted to be close to me.

Music from the organ began playing, signaling it was time. I slipped on the while silk gloves and carefully reached down for the box. Tears still pouring from my eyes, we walked down the isle.

Most girls imagine walking down the isle with their father at their wedding. But I'm walking down the isle with mine at his funeral. It's horrible to think about, but it's true.

This is the last time I'm gonna walk with him.

All eyes were on us: my mother, my grandparents, my cousins, aunts, and uncles.

I spotted Colby, tears slowly falling from his eyes as he saw me.

Once we got to the end of the isle, I carefully placed the box on a display next to pictures of him and took my seat.

Arms from behind wrapped around me, Colby's arms.

"It's okay baby, I'm right here." He whispered, placing a kiss on my cheek.

And with that, the funeral began.

*TIME SKIP*
(I didn't want to keep on writing this scene for an entire chapter, since there's other things that are gonna be addressed later on! Plus I'm literally crying while I'm writing this)

It's been two days since the funeral. I just don't feel like myself.

My cousin and I are sitting in her apartment, just catching up on life while we eat breakfast.

"So, whats living in California like?" She asked, munching on a spoonful of her Captain Crunch.

"Busy, hectic, dramatic, but fun. I live with five guys and one of their girlfriends so there's always something going on." I chuckled, taking a spoonful of Frosted Flakes.

"Wow, five guys. I can't imagine what that must be like. And you're boyfriend, he's pretty hot. How the hell did you meet him?" She laughed.

"Yea, I actually met him back in the Netherlands. He just so happened to be on a trip with a couple of his friends and we bumped into each other." I explained briefly.

"Wow, that's crazy. So it was literally love at first sight I guess." She said.

"Yea, I was with a couple people I'm not friends with anymore when we bumped into each other and we were both doing an all nighter at an abandoned town. Both of us had a hard time falling asleep so we just stayed up and talked all night on the roof of a building. And then he just so happened to come into the cafe I worked in and I invited him to a party I was going to that night. At the party I got into a huge fight with a my roommates and I decided I would move out and Colby said he had an extra room in his house in California. And just like that, I packed up and moved to the US." I explained to her more in detail.

She sat there in silence. "Wow, that's pretty intense."

"Yea," I agreed, as we both laughed.

"So how have you been lately? Like mentally? I can tell something's a little off with you. You're not your old self lately." She asked. I took a deep breath and began to tell her I haven't told anyone yet, not even Colby.

"I haven't been good lately. Like I love my roommates and everything, but California just seems like it's not for me. Like I'm a little town girl, not a big city girl. It's just really overwhelming. Especially the parties they throw, there's like over fifty people that I don't know. My stress and everything has been worse  than it's been in a while. And now that Colby released to the public in getting hate comments and everything. It's just all too much for me." I let everything out.

"What're you gonna do Al?" She asked, concerned.

"I think I'm moving back to Amsterdam."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
AAAAAAH GUYSSS! So sad to say this but this book is coming to an end soon! There's probably gonna be two or three more chapters left. I hope you guys like it so far! I love you guys so much! Please remember to give it a like/vote! While I was writing the funeral scene I was literally crying. About a year ago my boyfriends grandfather, who I had become very close to, passed away so I know the feeling. Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I just got back from a cruise! I promise more chapters are coming!

~Nikki<3