Chapter Twenty-Three: Gratitude

*ALI'S POV*

The bright California sun shone through my blinds, waking me up. My first full-night sleep in LA and it was pretty good.

The first thing I always do in the morning is I check my phone.

So I rolled over and grabbed it from my nightstand, squinting my eyes to allow them to adjust to the brightness.

I saw a ton of notifications. Texts. From Noah. Confusion ran through my head, why would he text me?

Noah: I miss u
Noah: please tell me this is all some messed up prank
Noah: everyone misses you Ali
Noah: when r u coming home?
Noah: some of your stuff is still here so you must be coming home
Noah: please answer me Ali, I'm sorry for what I did to you
Noah: I regret everything that night, I'm so stupid. I promised you I wouldn't get drunk
Noah: I messed up, please come home.

Eight text messages from him. He misses me? Why would he miss me? I mean I understand that he had a crush on me for four years, but he messed up. I don't think I could stay in the Netherlands even if I wanted to.

I responded to him quickly, not really wanting to get into a full conversation with him. I just need to explain this situation to him.

Ali: I'm not coming back to the Netherlands Noah, I'm sorry that it's come down to this. You were a great friend but everything that happened that night between everyone ruined our friendships. Yes I know some of my things are still back there, Finn is gonna pack it up and ship it to me. This is where I belong Noah, in Los Angeles. I really like Colby, I'm sorry that things couldn't work out between us

I pressed send and shut off my phone. I really hope he doesn't answer me back soon. A few tears managed to slip from my eyes, I quickly wiped them away and hopped out of bed.

Slipping on my flip flops and grabbing my phone, I headed downstairs. It was only 6, so I wasn't expecting anyone to be awake yet. I'm an early riser, plus this jet lag is still getting to me a little bit.

I decided that since they've done so much for me, I would make them all breakfast. Yea, it's gonna be a lot of cooking but I can handle it.

In high school, I took culinary for three years, so I know how to make a few good dishes.

I grabbed the groceries I bought yesterday and lined everything up on the counter. Looking at everything, I decided it would be easiest if I make eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, and fried potatoes. My fried potatoes are possibly the best thing in the entire world.

A sack of potatoes should do. I washed 12 potatoes and cut them up into small pieces. I then divided them into four huge different pans and began frying them.

The eggs I would do when they're done, since they're the easiest. In a smaller pan I began to fry up the bacon and sausage.

"What smells good down here?" A groggy, sleepy voice came from behind me. I spun around to see Colby.

"Just making everyone breakfast, it's the least I can do." I smiled at him, turning back around to mix the potatoes.

I felt a pair of arms come and hug me from behind, Colby's arms. He placed his chin on my shoulder and watched me cook. I could feel his smile radiating off of him.

"You're the best," he whispered.

"I know," I giggled. He let me go and took a few steps back.

"Could I help with anything?" He asked.

"Sure, you could just start on the toast." I pointed to the bag of white bread on the counter. He nodded and swung it over his shoulder.

"If this is Colby cooking then I must be dead and in heaven." A voice came from the stairs. Elton with Circa following at his feet walked into the kitchen.

"Nope, it's all Ali." Colby said as he buttered pieces of slightly burned toast.

"Wow, smells amazing." He said, leaning over the island.

I poured the potatoes out of the pan and into a big bowl once they were crispy and done.

The bacon and sausage looked to be done, so I piled it up high onto a paper plate.

I cracked a few eggs into each pan and began scrambling them. One by one, each guy woke up and headed down to the kitchen where the amazing smell was coming from.

They all waited for the food to be done, all of our mouths watering. I poured the eggs onto a plate, everything was finally done.

"You really didn't have to do this." Sam said, grabbing a plate from the counter. Everyone lined up to get food.

"Yea I did, you guys have done so much for me I needed to do something for you." I said, taking food onto my plate.

We all sat down at the table, everyone in the same seats as we were last night.

No matter how much I say this, it'll never change. These people are like my family. I love them.

"This is amazing," Corey said with a mouth full of eggs and potatoes.

Everyone nodded and hummed, agreeing.

"Thank you Al," Colby said, making me smile. Everyone thanked me and we continued eating.

I felt my phone buzz, but I ignored it. He's not gonna ruin my day. I shut my phone off completely. The only people I wanna talk to are right here with me.

And I am so glad.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the lack of posting lately, I just finished my midterms for school and I had a huge project due today. I promise I'll start to update more often. Thank you guys for reading! It really means a lot to me. Keep liking/voting and commenting.

 Keep liking/voting and commenting