Chapter Fourty-Four: What Have I Done?

Last night was pretty fun. We all went to Disneyland around 1pm and didn't get back til about midnight. We decided to skip the bar since it was already late and we were all exhausted from waiting in ridiculously long lines and skipping around.

I laid in my bed alone, listening to the soft music that was still playing from my iHome across the room on my dresser. I can't sleep without music playing, it's become a habit of mine ever once I was little.

"Hello sleeping beauty." My door creaked open to reveal a very shirtless, messy haired Colby. I'm guessing he just woke up.

Usually we both sleep in either my room or his room, but last night I passed out in the car on our way home so I'm guessing he brought me up to my room.

"Morning babe," I sat up in my bed, combing my fingers through my tangled hair. I might as well attempt to make myself look presentable.

Colby yawned and stretched out is arms as he sat down on the edge on my bed.

"Did you have fun yesterday?" He asked. I simply nodded, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. It always takes me a little while to actually wake up. I'm not a morning person.

"Thank you, I know I've been a pain in the ass since my dad passed away." I said.

"We all love you Ali." Colby said as he pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me. I enjoyed the warmth coming from his body.

"Ali, we all know somethings wrong. Ever since you came back you haven't really been acting like the Ali we used to know." He said, stopping my train of thoughts.

Shit, did I really make it that obvious.

My heart began racing, my mind spinning. Should I tell him now? It'll ruin his day completely. I love him so much, it hurts me to see him so sad. But I can't hide this from him forever, since I'm leaving soon.

I took a deep breath, finally making up my mind.

"What's going on baby?" He asked, taking my face in his gentle hands as his eyes filled with concern.

"I haven't been the same the past couple of weeks, ever since my dad passed away. My anxiety and depression came back and hit me hard. Seeing my family and being with them made me happy. But being with you guys make me happy. That's why I really don't wanna do this. But it feels like my only choice at this point." I let the tears that had been forming in my eyes roll down my face. A sob escaped my lips, I tried to catch my breath.

"Do what? Baby what's going on?" He said, panicked. He quickly grabbed my hands and held them between his large, comforting ones. I sniffed and finally caught my breath.

"I bought a one way plane ticket to the Netherlands." I cried as I watched his face freeze. The grip he had on my hands became softer, so soft that my hands fell from his embrace.

What have I done.

*COLBY'S POV*

"I bought a one way plane ticket to the Netherlands."

When the words left her mouth, I no longer wanted to know what was wrong. I didn't wanna know what she was gonna do. Because once I found out everything that was going on in her head, I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces.

"W-what? You're moving back?" I asked, my voice cracking as tears began to form in my eyes. I can't lose her, I love her too much to see her leave.

"California's just not for me. There's too much going on, which made my anxiety and depression come back. I'm a small town girl, I don't do good in big cities. I love you, and all of the guys, so much. But I just can't stay here. I'm sorry." She sobbed. I picked her up and placed her back on my lap, hugging her tightly.

The only thing that was circling through my mind was why.

The fact that her being with us here in California has made her depressed broke my heart even more. This is all my fault. She feels the way she does because of our actions.

"I'm sorry baby." I whispered, stroking her back. We sat there in silence, just thinking about what's going to happen in the near couple days.

"Do the other guys know about this yet?" I asked her, wiping a couple of stray tears from her cheeks as she sniffled and tried to catch her breath.

She slightly shook her head no. "I was gonna call a house meeting tonight and tell all of you guys. It hurts so much to have to leave, but I need to be with my family. We're all suffering severely from my dads death."

"I understand baby, I just don't know how I'm gonna be able to live without having you here. You've made our lives, my life, the best it's ever been these past couple months you've been living here." I rambled on.

"I'm sorry Colby," she let out another sob as she wrapped her arms around me tightly. "I wish you could come with me, but I know you have a lot of stuff here in California."

I nodded and lowered my head. How am I gonna live here without her? Without waking up next to her. Without hearing her laugh and seeing her smile. Without feeling her next to me. Without her goofy, bright personality.

Things around here are gonna change, I know that for a fact.