Chapter Twenty-Four: Santa Monica Miracles

After breakfast, everyone went their separate ways.

Corey and Devyn went to the gym.

Elton went to the dog park with Circa.

Aaron went back into his room to play video games.

That left, me, Colby, and Sam in the kitchen. Everyone had helped clean up and do the dishes before going their separate ways.

"What'd you wanna do today Ali? Pick anything." Sam said, plopping down on the couch.

"Anything at all?" I asked, a smirk growing on my face.

"Yup, you pick. The next few days we're gonna show you around California and do whatever you wanna do." Sam said, making me smile. They know how much I've always wanted to visit California.

"Can we go to the Santa Monica pier? I've always wanted to go." I asked. The two boys looked at each other before nodding my way, making my smile grow even bigger.

"Thank you guys sooo much! I just gotta get ready." I ran to them, engulfing them both in a big hug.

"Don't thank us, now go get ready girlie." Colby shooed me away. I stuck my tongue out at him and ran up the stairs to my bedroom.

What am I gonna wear? I asked myself, throwing my closet doors open. I rustled through the mass amount of tee shirts and jeans shorts.

After what felt like forever, I finally decided on light peach high waisted denim shorts, a white teeshirt that I tied a knot in the front, and a long peach cardigan.

I changed out of my pajamas and changed into my new outfit. I walked over to my full body length mirror.

Pretty cute, I said to myself. I took my hair out of the bun its been in and brushed it out, leaving it in it's natural waves. I applied minimum makeup, just some mascara and powder.

Slipping on my white vans and grabbing my purse, I headed downstairs. The boys are sprawled out on the couch staring at their phones. That was, until I walked into the room.

"Geez girl, it's about time." Colby joked, jumping up from the couch.

"Hey, I didn't take that long." I laughed. The three of us headed out the door and to Sam's car.

Sam hopped in the drivers seat, Colby in the passenger seat, and me in the back.

The ride was quiet besides the few "are we almost there yet" groans from Colby. Everytime he whined, me and Sam laughed, giving him the same answer we had given him the time before.

Santa Monica pier was about a half hour drive. We had all packed a little bag before heading out, filled with penny boards, snacks, waters, bathing suits, and money for extra food and rides at Pacific Park.

I've always seen YouTubers and celebrities hang out at Santa Monica pier and the amusement park. It has always seen fun to go their with friends. And now that I'm living here and I actually have friends, it's the perfect chance.

We pulled up to a very crowded parking lot, every spot filled with cars. Sam drove up and down the isles, looking for an open spot. After searching for a few minutes, we finally pulled into a spot.

"Hell yeaaaaa." Colby yelled as he hopped out of his seat and ran to the pier.

"Wait up!" I yelled, chasing after him. I held on tight to my purse, making sure it doesn't fly off of my shoulder.

I saw Colby in the distance stop and turn around to me. He bent down to my height.

"Hop on," He said, reffering to his back. I gave him an eye roll and a laugh before hopping onto his back. As soon as I got on, he went running. No, not running. Sprinting.

I wrapped my arms tightly around him, not wanting to fall off of him.

"Oh my god Colby! You're crazy!" I laughed.

"I know!" He laughed back to me.

The two of us completely forgot that we had left Sam behind. Colby turned around with me still on his back to see a out-of-breath Sam running towards us.

"What the hell dude," Sam said, bending over trying to catch his breath.

"Sorry, just excited to be here. I haven't been to the pier and beach in so long. I love the beach." He said, placing me back down on the ground gently.

Together, we all walked down to the beach and chose a spot, laying out rental towels that we had gotten from a little stand on the pier. I rummaged through my bag to find my bikini.

"I'll be right back, I've gotta go change into my swim suit." I said, leaving the boys in the sand.

I quickly found the nearest ladies room and entered one of the stalls. I stripped out of my clothes and changed into the bikini I had bought the other day when we all went shopping.

The bikini was a white halter top with black palm trees and the bottoms were plain black with scalloped edges.

I neatly folded my clothes and put it back into my purse. It's not that big, but it's a decent size.

Unlocking the bathroom stall, I began to make my way back to the sand. Looking around the beach, I finally found the two boys running through the water, splashing each other like children.

Colby caught my eyes, as he stopped running through the water and looked at me, smiling.

*COLBY'S POV*

Me and Sam were running through the water, splashing each other like little kids while we waited for Ali to change.

And then, I saw her. The girl of my dreams.

"Woah," I said outloud. Sam looked up to the beautiful girl I had been staring at. The bikini showed off all of her curves, enhancing her natural beauties. I smiled at her, as she smiled back at me.

I stood there and stared at her for a few seconds, as she did the same to me.

"Go get her," Sam laughed, giving me a smile. I nodded. I'm gonna do it.

Tonight's the night I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask her to be mine.

 I'm gonna ask her to be mine